walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Replacement upper section for Leki poles

Replacement upper section for Leki poles

Postby monkeybeaver » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Snapped the upper speedlock section of my micro carbon varios yesterday when I slipped onto it with my elbow. Oops.

I see on their website they seem to offer spares for all other sections apart from this. Has anyone any experience of this section getting replaced or is the stick just for the bin. I hope not, they weren't cheap. :( :thumbdown:
monkeybeaver
Hill Bagger

Re: Replacement upper section for Leki poles

Postby Robinho08 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 am

Ahh bummer, I had two spare upper sections of speed lock Leki poles when my friend ran over my poles in his campervan. I may still have them and if I do you can have one for the cost of the postage.
Robinho08
Walker

Munros:54   Corbetts:70
Fionas:9   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:1

Re: Replacement upper section for Leki poles

Postby weaselmaster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 pm

monkeybeaver wrote:Snapped the upper speedlock section of my micro carbon varios yesterday when I slipped onto it with my elbow. Oops.

I see on their website they seem to offer spares for all other sections apart from this. Has anyone any experience of this section getting replaced or is the stick just for the bin. I hope not, they weren't cheap. :( :thumbdown:

The problem is the cord that runs down inside the poles. It makes repair difficult. I did fix one using a section from another damaged pole, you can take the plastic cord holders out from the top and bottom of the sections, but you won’t be able to get the cord back through the plastic sleeves that protect it when you dissemble the pole. This means the cord will fray sooner or later.
weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:277   Corbetts:217
Fionas:197   Donalds:75+31
Sub 2000:391   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk