walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Garmin Montana

Garmin Montana

Postby summerhill » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:55 am

The 600 has a touch screen which is great but it does have a drawback. If you leave it switched on (say for logging a route) and put it in your pocket or rucksack the screen changes because the screen is constantly being touched. Its annoying if you want to be hands free. The only holder that I can see online which has a clip for a rucksack is £40 sent from USA. Can anyone suggest something that might suit.
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Munros:276   

Re: Garmin Montana

Postby larry groo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

If you single click the power button, does that not give you an option to lock the screen with a wee padlock in the bottom right?

It won't prevent the inadvertent screen touches but will prevent it having any effect.
larry groo

Postby summerhill » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Cheers for that LG. Your spot on. I feel a right **** I've been using the 600 for two years and never picked up on the screen lock. I'll just use the lock and turn off the screen background light , that'll save my battery power. Cheers bud
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Postby larry groo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:52 pm

No worries.

:wink:
larry groo

Postby summerhill » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 pm

I went onto Garmin website and got a software update for my Montana. Problem solved. When the screen goes into time out you now have to press the on / off button to get your page back up. The touch screen won't activate if accidentally touched. I can now stuff it into my pocket if required 🤗. Happy days
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Postby brother52 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Check out the gizmo vest on eBay,( might be the one you mentioned sent from U.S.?). Mine is a couple of years old and totally like new, so is definitely long lasting. I assume they do one for your Garmin Montana, though mine is an Oregon. Best case I could have hoped for......sort of an open and shut case, as it were....( sorry!!).
brother52

Munros:74   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk