walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Viewranger

Viewranger

Postby baldyman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Just purchased a 12 months subscription of O.S. maps for Viewranger app. Any one know if its possible to download the "whole" of the UK map for offline use. or are you stuck with the small tile download.

Thanks in advance
baldyman
Mountaineer

Re: Viewranger

Postby Holly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:04 am

I have had Viewranger for a couple of years now but have always just done the pay as you go tile purchase but there definately was an option to purchase the whole of the UK. It was expensive though and I just preferred to check on here and then pay for what I needed if I didn't already have it. I now download the GPX file from here which overlays onto the tiles I have and all is grand. Not sure about the subscription but have noticed my viewranger is giving me an option to go to premium which may be what you have got.
Holly
Munro compleatist

Munros:240   Corbetts:5
Fionas:4   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Martraven » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:01 pm

If you have the OS subscription you can download the whole of the UK. No need to purchase tiles.
Martraven
Walker

Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:4
Islands:16

Postby bydand_loon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:38 pm

When i originally got it (admittedly a few years back) I bought something like Scotland East, Scotland West and North (think it was 7.99 per map), Didn't have to buy the individual tiles. But when I needed to add the area just north and west of Glasgow last year I purchased a wad of individual tiles. Basically I've now got everything north of Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Never had a subscription though
bydand_loon
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk