walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Waterproof pouch for saving electronic devices from calamity

Waterproof pouch for saving electronic devices from calamity

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat May 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Whilst rootling about in the Glasgow Angling Centre for fishing stuff for tomorrow, I found my holy grail; a waterproof pouch big enough for iPhone-with-additional-wide-angle-lens, car keys and any other bits you might want to save, you can operate your iPhone camera through it and it does not break the bank. Also it is big enough to have a robust strap and to be noticeable so you wont keep losing it, knowing it is somewhere, but which rucksack pocket is it in? All for a mere £5.99. https://www.fishingmegastore.com/scales-and-gadgets/stillwater-ppp-waterproof-pouch~27508.html?&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=SHP_GR20&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2v7mBRC1ARIsAAiw3496tH3kJ7BLOUxUWeZ8T1vCd10I93QAFqIVUTdTF2Ln7n_SEqS3bV0aAtgaEALw_wcB
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Waterproof pouch for saving electronic devices from cala

Postby Scottk » Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 pm

Have a look at Lomo. They do all sorts of dry bags, bags, wetsuits. All at good prices.
Scottk
Scrambler

Munros:31   

Postby crfishwick » Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm

Looks similar to a certain company selling them for 3 times the price a few years ago. :lol:
Another cheap copy from China me "finks" :wink:
crfishwick

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon May 27, 2019 8:44 am

Well, I used it and it works fine, in that I can operate the camera through the plastic pouch. I did not test it for waterproofness by dropping it in the water.

IMG_2111#p#r.jpg
Canoeing ~ bad for mobile phones
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby regedmunds » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Good idea, I have one for my mobile phone. I also take a few zipped clear freezer bags with me for other items.
regedmunds

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk