walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

For Sale Mens Footwear

For Sale Mens Footwear

Postby davadvice » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi I have for sale on Gumtree 2 pair of boots and 1 pair of shoes.

Please see the links and I will give a %5 Discount to forum members.
For sale Salewa Mtn Trainer GTX Carbon/Pagoda 63416 0787 UK size 8

Meindl Bhutan MFS Walking Boot UK Size 8

meindl meran gtx walking boots UK size 8 1/2
cant post the links as I'm a "New User(low post count)" so if you IM me I will get the details for you or you could google the titles above for the adds

I'm in north Glasgow and willing to travel a little if needed.

These have all been bought with the good intention of getting good use but i have weird feet so if anyone can recommend a custom boot maker then please let me know as I could go into the thousands trying boots at this rate.

thanks
David
davadvice
Mountaineer

Munros:1   

Re: For Sale Mens Footwear

Postby Marty_JG » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:22 pm

I haven't been a size 8 foot since I was, well, about eight; but I do know Altberg have custom fits.

https://www.altberg.co.uk/fitting/custom-boot-fitting/
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Postby davekeiller » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Seconded for Altberg.
They actually have 4 options
1. Their "off the peg" boots come in 5 different widths and these are available from stockists around the country (generally smaller, independent gear shops).
2. If you go to the factory, they can measure your feet and modify a standard pair of boots to improve the fit
3. At the factory they can measure your feet and modify a standard last to give a customised pair of boots
4. Again at the factory, they can measure your feet and make an individual last and make a completely made to measure pair of boots for your feet (most expensive option, I recommend trying 1, 2 and 3 first unless you have *very* deep pockets)
davekeiller

Munros:154   Corbetts:31
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Postby mrssanta » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:05 pm

I'm lucky enough to live within an hour of the Altberg factory shop in Richmond (Yorkshire) and they are always very helpful and take plenty of time to do a good job. It's the only place I have ever got boots that actually fit my size 9.5 AAA width feet. I have their off the peg very narrow with an extra space-filling insole. I have their Fremington and a pair of Mallerstangs as well for winter. Excellent company and no I don't have shares.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby davadvice » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:34 pm

thanks for the feedback, I Plan to take a trip through to Craigdon in Edinburgh to get fitted and if i have any probs i may just bite the built and go to Yorkshire as i have already spent a fortune so may as well do it rite.
davadvice
Mountaineer

Munros:1   

Postby Giant Stoneater » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:04 am

Giant Stoneater
Scrambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk