walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Vango Cairngorm 200 or Wild Country Zephyros 2

Vango Cairngorm 200 or Wild Country Zephyros 2

Postby bartyblues » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi. Hope this community can help. Looking for a 2 man tent for hiking and bikepacking that will mostly be used solo but occasionally with my partner.

It is between the Vango Cairngorm 200 and the Wild Country Zephyros 2. Both similar in style and price.

Any recommendations on which is the better quality option? Thanks
bartyblues
Hill Bagger

Re: Vango Cairngorm 200 or Wild Country Zephyros 2

Postby DavidShepherd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:43 am

bartyblues wrote:Hi. Hope this community can help. Looking for a 2 man tent for hiking and bikepacking that will mostly be used solo but occasionally with my partner.

It is between the Vango Cairngorm 200 and the Wild Country Zephyros 2. Both similar in style and price.

Any recommendations on which is the better quality option? Thanks

The Zephyros has won several awards apparently and it's lighter and apparently quicker to put up. Lighter is better for me.
I have a Cairngorm 100 which i picked up because it was cheaper, but the style is similar and I've never had any issues with it.
DavidShepherd
Mountain Walker

Munros:167   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   Donalds:5

Re: Vango Cairngorm 200 or Wild Country Zephyros 2

Postby bartyblues » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Thanks very much for your advice, I will have a think about which one to go for, leaning more towards the zephyros.
bartyblues
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk