walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Jack Wolfskin Jackets

Jack Wolfskin Jackets

Postby Raynor » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Wondering what peoples experiences are of jack wolfskin gear? A good few years back I was looking for a light waterproof jacket for summer rain showers. I bought a jack wolfskin storm jacket which was fairly expensive and it turned out that it was waterproof except for one important part....the hood! Even light rain just seeped straight through it. Wondering if I was just unlucky and got a dud and if there stuff is usually any good?
Raynor

Munros:110   Corbetts:8
Fionas:7   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:4

Re: Jack Wolfskin Jackets

Postby Kendonm » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:49 pm

I have had one for a few years and it was immediately clear it would be relegated to 'city' jacket. After a few low level walk soakings.

Wouldn't trust their in house membrane fabric Texapore on the hill.
Kendonm

Munros:119   Corbetts:6
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:10

Postby Mal Grey » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:36 pm

I have never owned one of their waterproofs but have owned a fleece and a soft shell that were superb and long lasting, have friends I wild camp with who successfully use their tents, and have always considered them to be a quality brand. So a bit surprised to hear of leakage problems on new products; you would have hoped a decent brand's customer service would have sorted you both out.
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby crfishwick » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Raynor wrote:Wondering what peoples experiences are of jack wolfskin gear? A good few years back I was looking for a light waterproof jacket for summer rain showers. I bought a jack wolfskin storm jacket which was fairly expensive and it turned out that it was waterproof except for one important part....the hood! Even light rain just seeped straight through it. Wondering if I was just unlucky and got a dud and if there stuff is usually any good?

Should have returned it. Let them test it but just the hood? Ingress through the big hole in the front. :wink:
crfishwick

Postby Raynor » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm

crfishwick wrote:
Raynor wrote:Wondering what peoples experiences are of jack wolfskin gear? A good few years back I was looking for a light waterproof jacket for summer rain showers. I bought a jack wolfskin storm jacket which was fairly expensive and it turned out that it was waterproof except for one important part....the hood! Even light rain just seeped straight through it. Wondering if I was just unlucky and got a dud and if there stuff is usually any good?

Should have returned it. Let them test it but just the hood? Ingress through the big hole in the front. :wink:

:lol: Sadly not. First shower on ben lomond and the rain went straight through the hood and right down my back. My front was perfectly dry though :thumbup:
Raynor

Munros:110   Corbetts:8
Fionas:7   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:4

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk