walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

walk

walk

Postby Malkie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Route description: Cape Wrath Trail

Date walked: 08/06/2018

Time taken: 14 days

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

[quote][/quote]
Buchaille .JPG
Bridge of Orchy Hotel.JPG
Myself.JPG
Inveruglass.JPG
I started to walk the Cape Wrath Trail again so as i didn't finish the Cowal Way properly i decided to start from Arrocher to Kinluglass and cross to the WHW but when i got to Loch Lomond there was no ferry so i thumbed a lift to Tyndrum.
Day 2 In the morning i set of for Kingshouse on the way i stopped at Bridge of Orchy and had lunch at the hotel.I headed over the hill to Inveronan and on to Rannoch Moor but i only got as far as the Ba River so i camped there the night.
day 3 I headed of for Kinlochleven.Igot to Kingshouse and i had my lunch there i even fed the deer i left there and i found the going very hard under foot also it was really hot and carrying a heavy rucksack and i really struggled over the Devil's staircase to the camp site' Day 4 I went to the Co-oP to get more food tnen it was up the hill which i found not to bad a lot of people were passing me as i am quite slow at 84yrs i stopped half way along the Lairge and had a good rest and a meal i carried on and i camped at the Nevis site.day 5 I walked int Fort W to the end and i had my photo taken at the wee man and i stayed in FW inthe morning i got a train to Loch Ailort i then walked to the start of the track over the pass down to Meoble after which i got a bit lost i camped on the hill and i finally got to Oban bothy where i stayed the night.D 6 I made my way along the Glen to Glen Pean Bothy.I then walked to A'chuil and on to wards Sourlies i had to camp beside a loch and then on to the Bothy as the tide was out i just kept going on towards Barrisdale but i missed the path and endedup at Loch Quoich.I camped at the side of the road and in the morning i started to walk to Invergarry i got a lift to Dornie where i had to come home as a relative passed away.
Attachments
River.JPG
Path to Strathan.JPG
loch nevis.JPG
Gleanpean.JPG
Glen.JPG
again.JPG
Loch Morar.JPG
The Ben.JPG
A'Chuil.JPG
Gleanpean Bothy.JPG
Oban Bothy.JPG
Oban.JPG
Sunset on Morar.JPG
Loch Ailort.JPG
Station.JPG
End of  WHW.JPG
Camp Site.JPG
deer.JPG
Last edited by Malkie on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkie
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:2
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:3   

Re: walk

Postby Walkscot » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:32 am

Well done. Very inspiring.
Walkscot
Munro compleatist

Munros:129   Corbetts:12

Re: walk

Postby Sgurr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 pm

People tend to get lost near Meoble. I have heard of a trek where a guy set out to climb Meith Beinn and An Stac, took the wrong turning coming down off Meith Beinnn and landed up going all along the coast to An Stac, IN THE DARK. He had to recover at Oban bothy for a day or so before walking out.
There is alleged to be a Prince Charlie's cave somewhere en route, but we never found it.
Good for you hulking that huge rucksack....gave up a couple of years ago after a trip to Strathan bothy when I was a mere 77.

P.S. I like the understated title "Walk"
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes