walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Scottish National trail - Autumn 2020

Scottish National trail - Autumn 2020

Postby caromiri » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:55 am

Route description: Scottish National Trail

Date walked: 21/09/2020

Time taken: 26 days

Distance: 864 km

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi everyone,

my husband and I completed the Cape Wrath Trail this summer (I wrote a report in this forum). He got hooked and went for the Scottish National Trail in September / October. There are not many SNT reports around so I thought of sharing this with you - he loves good audio and took some time to capture nature along the trail. Hope you enjoy it !

We hope to hit the trails together again next year - can't wait !

Caroline
caromiri
Walker

Re: Scottish National trail - Autumn 2020

Postby Alba Bhoy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:43 pm

Congrats on completing the SNT. Great effort, well done. :clap:
Hope your left leg has recovered.
Looked like you got way more rain than when you did the CWT but not as many midges :)
Always forward!
Alba Bhoy
Mountaineer

Munros:207   
Islands:31

Postby ScotFinn65 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Congratulations :clap:

Well done, l just watched the video and it looked physically and mentally challenging.

Back to back SNT and CWT is quite an achievement. Thoroughly enjoyed both videos with your passionate commentary.

I saw you gear review for CWT and would really love to hear the full make and model of everything you carry.

Enjoy the rest before your next adventure ❤️
ScotFinn65
Hill Bagger

Munros:119   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:3
Walk wish-list

Postby caromiri » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:37 pm

Alba Bhoy wrote:Congrats on completing the SNT. Great effort, well done. :clap:
Hope your left leg has recovered.
Looked like you got way more rain than when you did the CWT but not as many midges :)
Always forward!

Thanks so much Alba - this is actually my husband, not me but yes his leg's fully recovered :-).

Indeed, I think even for Scotland he got way more rain than expected - I was going to join him for the Cairngorms, but seeing those weather forecasts and knowing what it's like, I changed my mind and am glad I did ! And yes no midges !
caromiri
Walker

Postby caromiri » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:42 pm

ScotFinn65 wrote:Congratulations :clap:

Well done, l just watched the video and it looked physically and mentally challenging.

Back to back SNT and CWT is quite an achievement. Thoroughly enjoyed both videos with your passionate commentary.

I saw you gear review for CWT and would really love to hear the full make and model of everything you carry.

Enjoy the rest before your next adventure ❤️

Thank you so much ! Will pass on to Antonio (this is Caroline, his wife), also about the gear review. He did one for the CWT and I don't remember it being very different to what he carried this time, other than that he 'borrowed' my sleeping bag half way through because it got too cold in the quilt + I sent him his Rab Neutrino in exchange for his Microlight. I think he was a tad too optimistic when he started in the sunny Scottish Border region :lol:

I already have ideas for a thru-hike next year - I hope it'll be possible: It'll be rather unique and I think people would love it (as will we for sure :-) ❤️)
caromiri
Walker

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes