walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

WHW 28 April to 3 May 2011

WHW 28 April to 3 May 2011

Postby AndyMarr63 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:29 am

Route description: West Highland Way

Date walked: 28/04/2011

Time taken: 6 days

Distance: 154 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We walked the West Highland Way recently over 6 days in glorious weather. I've posted a pictorial record of the trip on YouTube - see [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLNL-lV2sbg[/youtube]- and we also blogged as we walked - see http://two-men.posterous.com/

The blog appears a bit disjointed as my co-walker Paul got a bit behind at some points. Also I apologise for the backing music on the YouTube clip - they wouldn't let me use my preferred choices for copyright reasons.

However these sources provide a good picture of our WHW experience and hopefully will be of interest to anyone planning their walk or to others wishing to reminisce about theirs. It was a great experience and I will be back, although I don't suppose I'll ever get such good weather again.

Cheers
AndyMarr63
Mountaineer

Re: WHW 28 April to 3 May 2011

Postby Paul Webster » Sun May 08, 2011 9:40 am

Nice vid Andy.... don't think there has even been a better spell of weather to do the walk :D

Your report (and any others) now appears on our West Highland Way page. You can mark that you have done the route on our new long distance routes page too.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby Left Behind » Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 am

Loving the new long distance page. :)
Left Behind
Hill Bagger

Postby campbellrc » Mon May 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Good video and the music was not too bad too, also I bet that week was all the summer weather were going to get
campbellrc
Mountaineer

Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes