walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Long Walk on The Isle of Skye

A Long Walk on The Isle of Skye

by ramblingpete » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Route description: Skye Trail

Date walked: 08/05/2012

Time taken: 7 days

Distance: 150 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A Long Walk on The Isle of Skye

Postby bathcover » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 pm

This reminds me of my doing this walk in July 2000 - for RP, a blindness charity. There were three walkers and one back-up who took and collected us at the beginning and end of each day. Dave, one of the walkers, was 60 years old and blind! We did it within the week and had a fantastic time, mostly in blazing sunshine. We had our last evening meal @ Duntulm then I drove like the wind to make it back down to the other end of the island to the Ardvasar Hotel for our last few drinks before we left Skye the next morning. My friend's white stick and our t-shirts proclaiming our achievement led to us collecting about £150 from the pub patrons within a couple of hours. We went to our beds that night feeling very good about life.
bathcover
Mountain Walker

19 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes