walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Rob Roy Way

The Rob Roy Way

by ramblingpete » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Route description: Rob Roy Way

Date walked: 03/06/2013

Time taken: 7 days

Distance: 128 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: The Rob Roy Way

Postby andrewl7642 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 am

Going to be walking the Rob Roy Way in June but after learning that most of the route is on tarmac I'm starting to have second thoughts. Also noticed there is no info regarding campsites or wild camping.

Pete do you know, or does anyone else know if there are suitable spots for wild camping along the route?
andrewl7642
Scrambler

Munros:16   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby ramblingpete » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:12 pm

andrewl7642 wrote:Going to be walking the Rob Roy Way in June but after learning that most of the route is on tarmac I'm starting to have second thoughts. Also noticed there is no info regarding campsites or wild camping.

Pete do you know, or does anyone else know if there are suitable spots for wild camping along the route?

Sorry Andrew I don't camp or wild camp so I don't really look out for places to pitch up a tent. Not much help I know,

From my Rob Roy Way guide it looks like there is camping south of Aberfoyle, south of Strathyre, near Balquidder station, YHA hostel at Killin, and then not much more until Pitlochry.

I'm sure someone on here will know much more hopefully. Good luck with it if you do it.
ramblingpete
Mountaineer

Munros:9   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:173
Wainwrights:214   

Postby walk aboot » Thu May 01, 2014 2:59 pm

I've just done this walk as well :thumbup: . Great report and wow, well done on spotting and photographing a pine marten 8) .
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes