walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.

John O'Groats Trail: Golspie to Brora

John O'Groats Trail: Golspie to Brora

Postby basscadet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Date walked: 02/10/2014

Time taken: 1 day

Distance: 9.5 km

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Brilliant - The Stone circle in Golspie is new. So many memories of this stretch if coastline - I used to do this route every week to go to army cadets in Brora. We used to use the broch as a drinking den when I was a teenager, and my best pal was hit by lightening near Dunrobin. :shock:

There is an alternative route to the castle through the 'dairy woods' if you turn left after the bridge at the ford in Golspie, instead of taking the coast path. Its lovely going that way, and you can walk through the castle gardens to get back to the shore. Once past Dunrobin, look for a shale/scree bank on the left, which locals call the 'fossil bank' as lots of them are found there. Good opportunity to pick yourself up a free souvineir of your trip. :D
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Grahams:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes