walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Affric Kintail Way

Affric Kintail Way

Postby Malkie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Route description: Affric Kintail Way

Date walked: 07/08/2017

Time taken: 4 days

Distance: 76.2 km

Ascent: 1758m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

River Affric.JPG
River Affric
The attachment River Affric.JPG is no longer available
Strawberry Cottage.jpg
Strawberry
River Affric.JPG
River Affric
Day 1 Bus Edinburgh to Drumnadrochit. I started the walk at 14 00 it was a hard walk up through the trees not being able to see anything it was boring.then the walk along the road was very wet so when i got Cannich i got to stay in a caravan as it was to wet to pitch a tent. In the morning it was still raining .Day 2 i walked along to the Spar shop and bought some food.then it was another wet walk till i came out of the trees into the open glen and it was a better walk.I started to look for a place to camp and it was after i crossed the bridge near Strawberry that i found a spot.I was lucky that it stopped raining till i got into the tent and got the head down.Day 3 In the morning it was better so i had my breakfast and got everthing packed away and it started to rain again so headed for Camban Bothy it rained all the way it stopped raining after i had my meal so i managed to sit outside for a while.I slipped in the bothy and i hurt my nose and my hip.Day 4 I left the bothy and it was a beautiful day and the views were wonderful so i really enjoyed walking along the glen.When i got to the locked Bothy i had my lunch behind it out of the wind.After i had my lunch i started to walk down the glen and the rain started again and it was very heavy so when i got to the rangers hut .the ranger phoned b&bs for me but they were all full so he ran me down to the Kintail where i got into the trekkers lodge.In the morning iwasvery stiff and sore so instead of carrying on with my walk i had to come home.I was very unhappy about it.I got a bus home and i rested for a while and when i was better i decided to walk the penine way .
Attachments
Allt Grannda.jpg
Allt Grannda
Glen .jpg
Glen Affric
Malkie
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:2
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:3   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes