walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mixed Weather on Cowal Way

Mixed Weather on Cowal Way

Postby Malkie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Date walked: 12/06/2018

Time taken: 5 days

Distance: 90 km

Ascent: 1662m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The attachment $matches[2] is no longer available
I decided to walk the Cape Wrath Trail but as i had done it 8 years ago i thought that i would start with the Cowal Way.it took 4 buses to get to Tarbert ferry. I got to Portavadie at 16 15 i left the pier and i walked along to Tihgnabruiach it took me 4 hours i went into the store and bought some milk ithen went along the road and passed the boatyard and found a spot to camp beside the track.Day 2 It was a nice morning and i started along the trail then it began to climb over rocks and i found hard going with my short legs then it dropped down and it was better walking.Then it started to rain very heavily as i walked to Glendaruel i got into a b&b.Day 3 When i left in the morning it was sunny so i had a nice walk along the Glen i came to the main road and i went along it to Garvie Farm i crossed the yard onto the trail i walked over the hill and down to Glen Branter.The trail was closed so we had a detour i then walked along a minor road to Strachur.Where i stayed in a hotel.Day 4 i walked back to the trail and as i walked along to Upper Succoth farm the rain started again and was it right in my face it was a muddy walk to Lochgoilhead i was glad to get into a b&b.I was away up the hill when i realised i had forgotten something valuable.Day 5 It was very wet again and it.was a long climb.I had lunch at the top and then it was a very wet to Arrocher i just went into the Loch Long Hotel it was lovely. it was wet again when i left so i just walked along to Tarbet and got a bus home.
Attachments
IMGP0198.JPG
IMGP0197 (1).JPG
IMGP0189 (4).JPG
IMGP0184 (1).JPG
IMGP0177 (1).JPG
IMGP0183 (1).JPG
IMGP0180 (1).JPG
IMGP0175 (4).JPG
IMGP0172 (1).JPG
IMGP0171 (3).JPG
IMGP0168 (1).JPG
IMGP0167 (3).JPG
IMGP0166 (1).JPG
IMGP0165 (1).JPG
IMGP0164 (1).JPG
IMGP0162.JPG
IMGP0160 (6).JPG
IMGP0158.JPG
IMGP0157 (6).JPG
IMGP0155 (6).JPG
IMGP0154 (5).JPG
IMGP0153 (1).JPG
IMGP0152 (5).JPG
IMGP0150 (4).JPG
IMGP0149 (5).JPG
Malkie
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:2
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:3   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes