walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Penine Way Part 3

Penine Way Part 3

Postby Malkie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Date walked: 06/11/2018

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Low Force_resize.jpg
Low Force_resize.jpg
High Force.jpg
Cauldrons Smout.jpg
Cow Green Dam.jpg
Day 9 When i left Gregs hut to go over Cross Fell you could hardly see it was so misty and i was lucky to be able to follow the track over Little Dunn Fell and then over Great Dunn Fell and over Knock Old Man.Once i got lower down it cleared and i some lovely views the it was along walk down then up to Dufton i went into the cafe where i had a good tea. I had to hang around as the Youth Hostel didn,t open till five..I stayed there the night.Day 10 in the morning it was a long walk up to High Cup Nick.It was very foggy at the top so i decided to have a meal hoping that the fog would clear but it did not.so i just got on with it and headed for the Cauldron Snout it was a hard climb down as the rocks were taller than me i can hear my friends saying thats not hard.Also the big rucksack didn't help when i got to the bottom it was time to eat so i had my tea.I carried on along the river and it was a big boulder field after a bit there was another one they really slowed down after that it was good walking and i got to Langdon Beck and there was a Youth Hostel just up the road so i stayed the night there so after another good breakfast i headed of.for Middleton-in-Tees Day 11 I walked down the path to the river and it was a nice walk till i got to Cronkley then it was an awkward climb past the farm and over Bracken Rigg then down along the river past High Force then along past Low Force and a lovely walk along the river despite a heavy shower of rain to Middleton -in - Teesdale where i stayed in the Teesdale Hotel and they remembered me from last year.Day 12 In the morning i left the hotel and went over Harter Fell and along to Grassholme Res and then Blackton Res to cross Cotherstone Moor under A66 to Gods Bridge and on to bowes.
Malkie
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:2
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:3   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes