walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Penine Way Part 6

Penine Way Part 6

Postby Malkie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Date walked: 10/08/2018

Time taken: 23 days

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Bleaklow Hill.jpg
Bleaklow Hill
Bleaklow Hill.jpg
Bleaklow Hill
Crowden Camp site.jpg
Crowden Camp Site
Day 23 I left my camping spot and headed over Blackstone Edge Moor and over the M62 on a footbridge and over White Hill summit 466 mtrs then i came to a tea van and i had real feed there and bought more food for later. i walked down over the A640 Huddersfield road and onto Stand edge and over the A 62 Manchester rd and between two Res and onto Wessenden Res and along Blakely Clough where i found a camping spot.Day 24 So far the weather had been better so i was quite happy I walkrd over Black Hill and then onto slabs and it was easy walking and on a narrow path to Laddow Rocks and down to Crowden camp site it was a good site as it had a shop which sold hot food.Day 25 At last i was on the last lap or so i thought it was a climb up from Crowden then a drop down and across the B 6105 to Torside Res the across the dam and i turned the wrong way i walked along the res and i spoke to a farmer and it was him who put me right but i had to go back along way to get onto the path to Bleaklow Head it was along way up three and a half miles i was about halfway up when it was time for lunch and the mist was coming down and when i got to the top i couldn't see a thing luckily the path was easily followed then it started to rain and it was a bit miserable and when i got to the Snake Pass i was nearly knocked down as i crossed the road by a motorist who
End of Penine Way.JPG
Old Nags Head Edale
was driving to fast.the good thing was the path was again slabs so i was moving quite well i finally had to stop for a meal and i got behind a high bank out of the wind all of a sudden the mist cleared and i could see where i was going but by the time i got onto Kinder Scout the mist was starting to close in again and i was forced to camp. In the morning it was still very misty but the path was very clear so i just got on with it and i was glad to get to Jacobs ladder and down out of the mist and along to Edale for a train to Manchester and my grandson was really pleased to see me on his birthday and very happy with his presents.I was really pleased with myself for finishing the PW again.
Malkie
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:2
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:3   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes