walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Vlog: Kilchattan Bay Circular

Vlog: Kilchattan Bay Circular

Postby Behold Scotland » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am

Route description: West Island Way

Date walked: 06/05/2019

Time taken: 0.5 days

Distance: 48 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Kilchattan Bay Circular

A couple of months ago my faithful companion Sid and I tried our hand at trail walking. I wanted a decent walk to test kit and equipment and to see how Sid got on but also fancied a bit of scenery and that sense of adventure.

The West Island Way seemed like a great choice with the views across to Arran, the remoteness of parts of the route and the ease in which I could get to the island.

Of the whole walk I have to say that the Kilchattan Bay portion is the greatest in terms of walking, views and experience.

Below is a link to out vlog that captures this stage:
Behold Scotland
Hill Bagger

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Donalds:1

Re: Vlog: Kilchattan Bay Circular

Postby Gordie12 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Really enjoyed the videos.

Never really thought about this walk before, looked good but maybe a fair bit of field walking??

What was the music on the first video??
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Re: Vlog: Kilchattan Bay Circular

Postby Behold Scotland » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Gordie12 wrote:Really enjoyed the videos.

Never really thought about this walk before, looked good but maybe a fair bit of field walking??

What was the music on the first video??

There was a fair bit of fields to negotiate throughout but more so on the northern half of the walk. Someone suggested that if I were to do it again then try it in reverse, that way the predominantly agricultural part would be done on day one and you would be facing the views of Arran towards the end which would be a motivation to keep going. It is a good walk but plan it well for camping spots and don't follow the OS Maps suggested route along the road around Port Bannatyne, there is no pavements as you will have seen.

The music from the Kilchattan Bay vlogs were;

Rue De l'Abreuvoir - Tomas Skyldeberg
Above - Mike Parr ft Dinah Smith (instrumental)

Thanks for watching my wee vlogs and glad to hear they were of some use to you.
Behold Scotland
Hill Bagger

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Donalds:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes