walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

LOST - GPS - Near Corriechoille

LOST - GPS - Near Corriechoille

Postby BAZ1893 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:19 am

I don't suppose anyone found a Garmin Etrex GPS at the upper parking area from Chorriechoille? The wee parking area nearest the 'wee Minister' on the start of the Grey Corries route.

I definitely had it when we got back to the car as I remember stopping the route but think I've left it lying on the ground. It'll mean no more hills for me if I don't find it so am willing to travel to get it back if anyone did pick it up.
BAZ1893
Walker

Munros:123   Corbetts:11
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:6   

Re: LOST - GPS - Near Corriechoille

Postby wullie1bite » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi BAZ1893,

Did your GPS look like the one in the photo? If so, you can have this one for free as I don’t need it anymore.

Cheers,

Bill.
Attachments
828F25B3-500B-4D4B-BB7C-32E20374701F.jpeg
wullie1bite

Munros:14   Corbetts:10
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:1   

Re: LOST - GPS - Near Corriechoille

Postby BAZ1893 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi Bill,

Sorry, I have only just realised that you replied to my post all those months ago! I do apologise for not responding, I thought I had been checking for replies for a good while after I put my request up but I must have given up earlier than I thought :?

That was a very generous offer which I very much appreciate. I ended up buying a 2nd hand one from EBay which was like brand new and it was an upgrade on the unit I had so not all bad. My old one had been a present and had been over a lot of hills and miles so I was angry with myself for losing it. This is a busy part of the forum, we all seem to be terrible for losing things. I think it's the constant stopping, taking things in and out of the rucksack, taking off/putting on clothes etc.

Anyway, thanks and sorry again, I hope you managed to find a good home for your old GPS :)
BAZ1893
Walker

Munros:123   Corbetts:11
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:6   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found