walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Lost Dog on Carn a Chlamain in Glen Tilt

Lost Dog on Carn a Chlamain in Glen Tilt

Postby gennyl1977 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:08 pm

I hope this is OK to post on here.

Daz, a cream and white collie cross (see photo below) who was last seen on Friday 21st Oct on the summit of Carn a Chlamain in the Blair Atholl area. He chased after a rabbit and never came back. His owners, Angela and John Smith are beside themselves with worry and are back in the area today searching - they have been out searching each day. The area is vast - the more people who know, the better - this really is a small world folks. Contact details 07769 703902. Info is also on doglost uk. Lets bring Daz home folks, I can imagine lots of people on here go walking with their dogs and can't imagine what it would be like if they went missing.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=33759

Thanks,

Lynne Gray
Attachments
319533_2607666236053_1386863927_4067302_879132389_n.jpg
Daz
gennyl1977
Ambler

Re: Lost Dog on Carn a Chlamain in Glen Tilt

Postby walk aboot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Oh that it awful, here's hoping they find Daz soon.

Another forum member also lost his dog recently. I've posted the link (below) incase where his dog turned up (on a walk route he had done many times with his owner) helps with where to look.

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15845
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

Postby gennyl1977 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Thanks, glad Sam was found safe and sound. Nice to read a story with a happy ending.
Lynne
gennyl1977
Ambler

Postby Milesy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:56 pm

I have sent a txt offering to help out on saturday with my dog (who is in heat) and they might sniff each other out - it is a powerful thing. I might also be able to do thursday if I can find money for petrol (get paid on friday lol). If anyone wants to join me find Daz they are welcome. I would love to help as I can't imagine how I would be.
Milesy
Stravaiging

Postby gennyl1977 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

What a lovely offer, I am sure they would be grateful of any help.
From what I understand they aren't within mobile reception range until they get back from searching in the evening - last night it was 9pm so if they don't reply straight away you 'll know why.
LYnne
gennyl1977
Ambler

Postby spiderwebb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi,
Having lost my own for 4 days the other week I know exactly what they are going through !!

I can come down to help search tomorrow from dawn. Can also do the rest of the week but it will be later due to the wife having the car until around 1015hrs.

I'll drop them a text to establish where to meet etc.

Cheers
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby gary » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Thats awful,have a dog myself and would be beside myself if in that position.
Hope Daz is found soon. If not by the weekend I will go up the area walking at weekend too. Unfortunately I cant go sooner because of work.
Good luck to all who are looking
Last edited by gary on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary
Mountain Walker

Munros:270   Corbetts:9

Postby colliecrew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm

I am overwhelmed that people want to help. I am not the owner but am doing what I can from home and keeping in contact with them. Unfortunately I have Glandular Fever so am of no use to anyone.

As Lynne says, there is no mobile reception and it was late evening before I could contact them yesterday. I am sure they will be grateful of any help in searching. The area is so vast.

Thank you so much each one of you once again.

Lorna
colliecrew

Postby Merry-walker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm on days off work now until this Saturday and offer any help you need.
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby Graeme D » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Jeez, that's the stuff of my worst nightmares! If it was my Lucy, I'd be beside myself too. We did lose her once for a good 30 minutes or so (she was attacked and chased by 2 Rottweilers) and even although it was an area we walk her in all the time and not far from home, my heart was pounding until she eventually turned up from completely the opposite direction. Sadly I cannot offer any help other than to hope with all my heart that Daz is found safe and well. If I could I would. Good luck.
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby Bod » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Very best of luck finding Daz! If I could I would be up tomorrow to help out and walk the ground with our dog Ritchie! Truly hope you find Daz and will keep an eye in this thread....... :(
(Will pass this link to others whom I've seen mentioning on facebook)
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:51   Islands:25

Postby LeithySuburbs » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I don't know if they could be any help, but have you contacted Atholl Estates and their ranger service? They may, at least, be able to permit vehicular access up to Forest Lodge area to make searching easier.
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby colliecrew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Thank you so much everyone. I have had text contact with Angela and she is so thankful for your kindness and will be in touch via text with details of the search.
Merrywalker - perhaps you would be kind enough to text Angela directly on 07769 703902. I know she is going to try and come online later but she won't have access to this forum. Her online time is quite limited as she is focused mainly on the search in Glen Tilt.
Yes, the Atholl Estate are aware of the situation. A quad bike was able to be borrowed and was towed up to Glen Tilt yesterday making the search a little easier.
Whether you are able to help or to share ideas or are posting just to send positive thoughts, I cannot thank you enough. Daz is a very much loved family pet and his family are utterly distraught. He is such a lovely and gentle boy - let's hope he is home soon.
Thank you again and a reminder that contact details can be found here; http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=33759
Please feel free to link his poster to your facebook or twitter pages. Tayside Mountain Rescue have also placed his details on their own facebook page so you may find it easier to share from there.

Lorna x
colliecrew

Postby spiderwebb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Just to confirm I'll be at the Glen Tilt Car Park at around 0800hrs and will make my way up the Glen and the summit and as much of the surrounds as poss although from my exeprience 2 weeks ago with my own dog Sam, likely to be somewhere in the vicinity that he'll be familiar with and also given a moving target, it can be as worthwhile finding a suitable vantage point with a pair of binos.

If anyone else is there tommorrow and wants to meet up my number is 07777 692705 (Dave Spider Webb). Unsure of the signal up there so text or VM.

Cheers

Spider
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby colliecrew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Spider - you are an absolute treasure.

Good luck tomorrow - will be thinking of you all and wishing I was there. Stay safe

Lorna
colliecrew

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found