walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Lost dog on A' Mharconaich area

Re: Lost dog on A' Mharconaich area

Postby Doomsday » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

5 weeks today..........can't believe it's that long.
But we will find him.
Thanks for all your help in our search.
But we're not giving up for a long time yet.
Even if everywhere is completely covered in a 100 posters.
Never stop.
Thank you.
Ronnie & Jac
Doomsday
Mountaineer

Munros:1   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   

Postby Holly » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Good to hear news updates on how things are going even if they are, as yet, not finding your bonnie lad. I have been reading the posts and although I would probably be saying the same, Bioman it appears trying to help xxx. I think he is suggesting the sheer amount of people looking for Benjii may be on the tracks,,, not you xx.

I have met both of you when I dropped off the camping gear (a bit basic :-().and you are indeed desperate and in dire distress at the loss you your lovely bonnie dog.... as most of the people on here have been affected and are out searching. You are a lovely couple who must be exhausted and I think about you both every day.

Take care and remember that the net is a good place to look and that you ultimately need to look after your own selves.
Holly
Munro compleatist

Munros:240   Corbetts:5
Fionas:4   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Moobli » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 am

bio-man wrote:Hi all....Firstly I hope that Benji is found safe and well soon. My collie went missing overnight and it was quite a desperate time. Secondly, I work for British Transport Police based in Perth and cover this area. There have been four seperate reports of trespass between Dalnaspidal and Balsporran within the last week. Please don't go onto the tracks even if your intentions are well-meaning. Your concentration will be focused on looking for Benji and will be diverted from an approaching train, especially if you are on your own. The trains are very quiet on this line. We never conduct line searches on our own.

In reply to Spiderwebb's post, please don't think of going lineside again or donning caving gear as a second person will struggle to lift sleeprs if they collapse on you. I will drive up to the summit tomorrow and check the sleepers and undergrowth. I'll speak to Network Rail on Tuesday (holiday in Perth tomorrow) and come up with a plan. We may complete a detailed lineside search.

That would be really useful if you were able to do that, and I am sure Jac and Ronnie (Benji's owners) would be very grateful.
Moobli
Wanderer

Postby ballarat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

bio-man wrote:Hi all....Firstly I hope that Benji is found safe and well soon. My collie went missing overnight and it was quite a desperate time. Secondly, I work for British Transport Police based in Perth and cover this area. There have been four seperate reports of trespass between Dalnaspidal and Balsporran within the last week. Please don't go onto the tracks even if your intentions are well-meaning. Your concentration will be focused on looking for Benji and will be diverted from an approaching train, especially if you are on your own. The trains are very quiet on this line. We never conduct line searches on our own.

In reply to Spiderwebb's post, please don't think of going lineside again or donning caving gear as a second person will struggle to lift sleeprs if they collapse on you. I will drive up to the summit tomorrow and check the sleepers and undergrowth. I'll speak to Network Rail on Tuesday (holiday in Perth tomorrow) and come up with a plan. We may complete a detailed lineside search.

hi bio-man,this is my first post on this sad matter.i dont know what influence you have on the net-work rail powers."with a bit of fortune quite a bit is my hope"
my request to you that if atall possible you can make those powers realise the torture that these good folks are suffering,not only about their lost dog, but their concerns for those folks that are helping in the search.
if network rail could pick up the ball on this it would be marvellous.first a proper detailed search would bring the whole rail thing to a close,perhaps deterring some folk from having an unplanned look "just in case" secondly im sure that the issue would raise net works profile and how they are perceieved by folk.

so in conclusion, do your best,as im sure you will. regards ballarat
ballarat
Hill Bagger

Postby Merry-walker » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Search over

Bio-man found Benji's remains on the side of the north bound railway track.

Bringing whats left of him home for burial
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby Backpacker » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Sorry to hear that :(

Thoughts are with you
Backpacker
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:115
Fionas:38   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:57   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby Merry-walker » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Thank you

And many thanks to Bio-man...
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby madasa mongoose » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Oh dear lord, that's just awful. I'm so sorry for you both :(
madasa mongoose
Munro compleatist

Munros:267   Corbetts:1

Postby ballarat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:09 pm

here i am in b#### tears,65 years old,been in two "theatres of war" and probaly suffered less than you two folks have in the last 5 weeks.
thank god bio-man has brought closure.hes a b#### hero although the news is as bad as it can be.

dig deep folks rember the good times and find the strength to move on,im sure you will.

regards ballarat
ballarat
Hill Bagger

Postby spiderwebb » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Merry walker, so sorry to hear this news. I know it at least closes this for you but in such a sad way.

I can't deny shedding a tears on reading this, feels like I've lost one of my own. Thinking could we have found him, we searched these areas, in some cases many times, although I don't know exactly where on the track he was found. Can't help thinking also had we found him sooner, maybe just maybe.

I should have carried on the track to Balsporran, please tell me I didnt miss him !
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby Red Peak » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:42 pm

So sorry to hear this news, Jac and Ronnie. The two of you and everyone who helped did everything possible - you couldn't have done any more.

Thoughts are with you. Stay strong.
Red Peak
Munro compleatist

Munros:260   Corbetts:27
Fionas:23   Donalds:39
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:313
Wainwrights:214   

Postby The Rodmiester » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Dreadful news, so sorry for you both! You could not have done more, that's for sure. Knowing is better than not knowing, stay strong, I'm sure everybody at WH is thinking of you both.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm

I am so so sorry for you both and my thoughts are with you. You have closure and you at least now know what has happened. That will not take away the pain you must both be feeling and I grieve with you at this sad time.
Holly
Munro compleatist

Munros:240   Corbetts:5
Fionas:4   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:2   

Postby mountainstar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Terrible news for you both after you (and everybody else) put in so much time and effort into finding him.
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Postby joonnifer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Very sad news :-( xx
joonnifer
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:1   

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found