walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Lost: Sony Nex-3N

Lost: Sony Nex-3N

Postby Mancunian » Mon May 19, 2014 7:56 am

After 5 wonderful days in the Fisherfields I lost my camera with 500+ photos on the flight back home. Of course no one on this forum could have found it, but I am so angry at however found it and did not give it to a flight attendant or ground staff.
I called numerous times at luggage tracing office and at the lost and found office at the destination airport. I even traced the plane to find its next destination and called at that airport too but they havent received anything either.
So it looks like someone got a decent camera and I lost all my photos from this years trip to Scotland. Its so sad....
Mancunian
Hill Bagger

Munros:102   Corbetts:3
Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:3   

Re: Lost: Sony Nex-3N

Postby The Rodmiester » Mon May 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Mancunian wrote:After 5 wonderful days in the Fisherfields I lost my camera with 500+ photos on the flight back home. Of course no one on this forum could have found it, but I am so angry at however found it and did not give it to a flight attendant or ground staff.
I called numerous times at luggage tracing office and at the lost and found office at the destination airport. I even traced the plane to find its next destination and called at that airport too but they havent received anything either.
So it looks like someone got a decent camera and I lost all my photos from this years trip to Scotland. Its so sad....

Sorry to hear that, you must be gutted! Fingers crossed somebody will hand it in sometime.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Mancunian » Tue May 20, 2014 7:58 am

The Rodmiester wrote:Sorry to hear that, you must be gutted! Fingers crossed somebody will hand it in sometime.

Many thanks Rod, but I've given up hope the get the camera back. If someone found it and handed it over they groundstaff collects the items at the luggage tracing office for some weeks before all items are transferred to a central storage facility where they'll be kept for 6 months and then auctioned.
My only chance is to contact the central facility and ask if they have received my camera in a couple of weeks.
Mancunian
Hill Bagger

Munros:102   Corbetts:3
Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:3   

Postby Lightfoot2017 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:13 pm

I always insert one of my business cards inside my camera case or at the back of my mobile phone protective cover. Ok, so it may not prevent a dishonest toe-rag from pinching your gear anyway; but if it happens to be found by an honest sausage, then it increases your chances of getting your kit back.

I also stick one of these sticky name labels on anything of value. Something like this (though there are scores of companies to choose from): http://www.able-labels.co.uk/address-labels-on-a4-sheets/

They’re very cheap, effective, and could save you a few quid if some good Soul returns your kit. I also stick them on CDs, in books, etc.
Lightfoot2017
Mountain Walker

Munros:182   
Fionas:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found