walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Lost - red and black walking pole, Moruisg

Lost - red and black walking pole, Moruisg

Postby gld73 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Too windy at the top today to do the circular route on to the adjoining corbett, so I tried to come down Moruisg the way I went up - unfortunately in my rush to get off the top to get slightly more sheltered, I dropped down a bit early compared to where I'd come up, and found myself hitting a patch of ice which I promptly slipped down at a fair speed. My ice axe came with me and I managed to stop safely eventually, but a red walking pole stubbornly remained at the start point of my fall (it's quite high up the mountain, not far off the 'usual' route up, though any faint path for the usual route is currently under snow). I couldn't see a safe way back up to retrieve it, so had to leave it behind.

If anyone happens to come across it and is subsequently heading back to Inverness, I'd happily meet up to get it back :D ... but otherwise if you find a red walking stick and could make use of it yourself, feel free to keep it, I'll have to buy another one in the meantime anyway. If nothing else, it might help your knees on the steep descent of Moruisg!!
gld73

Munros:178   Corbetts:76
Fionas:69   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:94   Hewitts:60
Wainwrights:107   Islands:13

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found