walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Tent blown away in Torridon

Tent blown away in Torridon

Postby islalister » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi all,

I was camping in Torridon campsite on 2/3/19 when my tent blew away with my sleeping bag, mat, some clothes and my keys. The tents is a light green wild country hoolie 2 (by Terra Nova). I looked around all of Torridon and couldn't see it anywhere but if anyone finds it please send me a message. Reward will be given if found.

Thanks,
Isla
islalister
Munro compleatist

Re: Tent blown away in Torridon

Postby Sack the Juggler » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi Isla, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if this is a wind up or not? You lost your tent, bag, mat, keys, etc? Are you sure it wasn't stolen?
Sack the Juggler
Ambler

Postby islalister » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm

No unfortunately it did happen. I am 90% sure it wasn't stolen since the tent pegs were all there, one peg was in the campsite but on the other side and none of the other tents were taken when none of us were at the campsite. Since its not around the campsite I am thinking its either in someones back garden, in the sea loch or around the back of the surrounding hills. (But it could have blown an extremely large distance considering how windy it was.
islalister
Munro compleatist

Postby islalister » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:42 pm

update tent has been found !!! Some super nice people went looking for it and found it!
islalister
Munro compleatist

Postby Sack the Juggler » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:54 pm

islalister wrote:No unfortunately it did happen. I am 90% sure it wasn't stolen since the tent pegs were all there, one peg was in the campsite but on the other side and none of the other tents were taken when none of us were at the campsite. Since its not around the campsite I am thinking its either in someones back garden, in the sea loch or around the back of the surrounding hills. (But it could have blown an extremely large distance considering how windy it was.

wow, sounds like it was blowing a hoolie (no pun intended re your tent).

Looking at the weather on the day in Bealach Na Ba (I think that is the nearest weather station), the wind picked up from around 5pm and was mainly SSW, although if that was coming around the hills there, I'm not sure which way the wind was being funneled around the campsite - clearly if its gone up the valley it could be in the small woods either side of the road heading up.

If its gone west, its probably on the shores of the loch somewhere.

I'm sure you've already looking in these places, and not sure if I'm helping any, but if anyone has any more local knowledge on the area please feel free to join in.
Sack the Juggler
Ambler

Postby Sack the Juggler » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:54 pm

islalister wrote:update tent has been found !!! Some super nice people went looking for it and found it!
oops missed this! Fantastic news, where was it found?
Sack the Juggler
Ambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found