walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

GPS lost at Bob Scott's Bothy

GPS lost at Bob Scott's Bothy

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:44 pm

A friend has lost a Garmin Oregon 450 GPS. Last place she knew she had it was Bob Scott's Bothy on Sunday 29th December around 3.30pm. If anyone has it and would like to arrange a return it would be great if you could message me.
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Munros:125   Corbetts:16

Re: GPS lost at Bob Scott's Bothy

Postby crfishwick » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Cairngormwanderer wrote:A friend has lost a Garmin Oregon 450 GPS. Last place she knew she had it was Bob Scott's Bothy on Sunday 29th December around 3.30pm. If anyone has it and would like to arrange a return it would be great if you could message me.

Cannot help with this!

But recommend that anyone who has a Garmin GPS to put their name and address and phone number on the opening screen. Easy to do just check over the internet.

Worked for me. Lost mine went back 20 minutes later because I knew where! Gone! Eventually a phone call 2 days later by the finder and returned. :lol:
crfishwick

Re: GPS lost at Bob Scott's Bothy

Postby Marty_JG » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:05 am

It's literally startup.txt on the unit, root directory.

Same thing with phones, if you put a lock screen on (e.g. requiring fingerprint or a pattern swipe to unlock) then your startup-screen should have an ICE (In Case of Emergency) number on so people can phone it.
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found