walkhighlands

Record your sightings of wildlife and birds on this board - even better if you managed to capture a photo.
Warning Please avoid giving out the locations of nest sites for rare birds.

Otters and stange creatures under the Connel Bridge

Otters and stange creatures under the Connel Bridge

Postby Sunset tripper » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:05 pm

This was the 3rd time I've seen otters at this spot. First time I got a photo though not the best. :(

2017-03-28 001 003 (2).JPG

What was more unusual was the strange creatures dangling below the bridge. :D

2017-03-28 002 005.JPG
Sunset tripper

Re: Otters and stange creatures under the Connel Bridge

Postby Soldier of fortune » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm

I would suspect the strange things under the bridge are no other than the common human being, often spotted doing strange things that have no logical explanation.
Could be bird nesting! the cormorants that lived on/under Ballachulish Bridge have been cleaned out, or shot on fish cages, but they have certainly been missing for a few years now.
Soldier of fortune
Stravaiging

Munros:43   Corbetts:6

Re: Otters and stange creatures under the Connel Bridge

Postby Sunset tripper » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am

Soldier of fortune wrote:I would suspect the strange things under the bridge are no other than the common human being, often spotted doing strange things that have no logical explanation.
Could be bird nesting! the cormorants that lived on/under Ballachulish Bridge have been cleaned out, or shot on fish cages, but they have certainly been missing for a few years now.

Earlier this year when I was at Ballachulish there was a cormorant or a shag ( I can never tell the difference or remember the joke) fishing under the bridge. I don't know if it lives there though. :)
Sunset tripper

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Wildlife sightings