Been walking? No trip report but want to share some Photo's.
by mountainstar » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 am
So I thought I'd start a new thread that anyone can add to, of the best pictures of any recent trip.
I'll start it off, first 2 from last weekend when I camped with my mate at Llyn Caseg Fraith, Glyders (it wasn't like this the evening before...rain, very windy and cold).
And the next 2 are of the sunset from last night (Aug 30th) taken from a hill above the Precipice Walk, near Dolgellau, where I had a great night under a star filled sky, well deserved I think, as the night before I was on Y Llethr, Rhinogs in cloud and rain.
by Alastair S » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 am
by Milesy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm
- Posts: 1519
- Joined: Jun 12, 2009
- Location: Airdrieland.
by mountainstar » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:41 pm
by HighlandSC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:04 pm
mountainstar wrote:and if you have only one good picture, and say you only walked for 5 minutes....
That describes my last handful of walks!!
by HighlandSC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:29 pm
Seneca Rocks - West Virginia, USA
by SouthernUplandKing » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:33 pm
- Just hangin' Ben Lomonds East Ridge cliff's
- View from Ben Macdui summit
- Munro compleatist
- Posts: 580
- Joined: Mar 1, 2011
- Location: Broadford Skye
by Paul Webster » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 pm
by Stretch » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 pm
1. This trail takes you through the Smokies in Tennessee on the way to the iconic lookout called Rocky Top.
2. You can get to Abrams Falls in just over an hour's walk from Cades Cove in Tennessee.
3. Sunrise from Arthur's Seat during my first trip to Scotland in 06.
by missMHK » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 pm
by Stretch » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm
by skuk007 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:14 pm
I didn't do any Munros this time but it's my first time any further north than Spean Bridge, on the west coast. Fantastic trip, looking across Loch Garry to the Knoydart hills, stopping at the Cluanie Inn for a "pick-me-up" drink, driving down through Glen Shiel, looking across to the hills of Applecross (can't believe there's no Munros in amongst that lot), first views of the Torridon hills. All of them were "wow" moments.
Here are a few photos of our trip, sorry there's so many, I didn't know which ones to leave out - enjoy.
- Trig point on Little Mell Fell, looking north, Ullswater
- On Little Mell Fell looking towards Ullswater
- Aira Force on way to Gowbarrow Fell summit
- Looking over Ullswater towards Helvellyn
- Trig point on Gowbarrow Fell with Great Mell Fell on left and Little Mell Fell on right
- Looking out our 'Yurt' front door over Loch Tay towards Creag Gharbh
- Drive of our cottage in Wester Alligin, looking towards Beinn Damh
- Falls of Balgy walk
- Looking towards Beinn Alligin from viewpoint near Loch Damh
- Another view of Beinn Alligin
- Another view of Beinn Alligin...can you tell I was smitten with this hill?
- Bridge to "The Horns", went to just check them out for the future
- The back of Liathach and Beinn Eighe from near "The Horns"
- Enjoyable walk back along the river from "The Horns"
- Turn left for "The Horns", turn right to go around the back of Liathach.
Beinn Dearg on the left, Beinn Eighe on the right
- Inveralligin rocky beach looking over to the hills on the south shore of Loch Torridon
- Slioch from the west coast of Loch Maree
- Evening at the pier in Lower Diabaig
- Lower Diabaig wreck
by ndhudson » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:34 pm
Here's a few from our Scotland adventures...help me out if I got any of these wrong, folks!
and a goofy one...
by KGBMC » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:53 pm
- Hill Bagger
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Jan 20, 2011
- Location: Kelty,fife
by Merry-walker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:15 pm
Maybe one or two involve hills