walkhighlands

Long-running quiz threads, photo competitions and post-a-photo threads. Please keep them here to keep the General Discussion board tidy.

Photo Competition Comments

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 pm

One day left to enter folks!!
User avatar
RicKamila
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Sarah86 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Everytime I thought I had my top 3 more great ones kept appearing :clap:
User avatar
Sarah86
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 572
Munros:13   Corbetts:3
Grahams:1   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   
Joined: Aug 29, 2011

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Fascinating watching the votes tally up on the spreadsheet....

Hope next months photos arent as good as this lot :lol: Im already tossing up between 5 photos to enter and can't decide which one is good enough to go in....
User avatar
RicKamila
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby xpfloyd » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

At least you've got choices! I've only got one to chose from :) . Think johnkaysleftleg has this one in the bag
User avatar
xpfloyd
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 519
Munros:104   
Joined: Aug 22, 2010
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby johnkaysleftleg » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm

xpfloyd wrote:At least you've got choices! I've only got one to chose from :) . Think johnkaysleftleg has this one in the bag

Certainly looking like it, can't believe I could win this month considering the standard of pics is truly awesome :shock:
User avatar
johnkaysleftleg
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3204
Munros:25   Corbetts:10
Grahams:10   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:166
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: County Durham

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm

RicKamila wrote:Fascinating watching the votes tally up on the spreadsheet....

Hope next months photos arent as good as this lot :lol: Im already tossing up between 5 photos to enter and can't decide which one is good enough to go in....


Rick, I've got NOTHING for March so don't rub it in please :wink: :lol:
User avatar
Lenore
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Lenore wrote:
RicKamila wrote:Fascinating watching the votes tally up on the spreadsheet....

Hope next months photos arent as good as this lot :lol: Im already tossing up between 5 photos to enter and can't decide which one is good enough to go in....


Rick, I've got NOTHING for March so don't rub it in please :wink: :lol:


Want one of mine :lol:
User avatar
RicKamila
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

RicKamila wrote:
Lenore wrote:
RicKamila wrote:Fascinating watching the votes tally up on the spreadsheet....

Hope next months photos arent as good as this lot :lol: Im already tossing up between 5 photos to enter and can't decide which one is good enough to go in....


Rick, I've got NOTHING for March so don't rub it in please :wink: :lol:


Want one of mine :lol:


Yes please :wink: At least for April and May I will have been in Scotland so regardless of the quality of my shots, I will bloody well enter with an actual HILL. Ha!
User avatar
Lenore
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Lenore wrote:
Yes please :wink: At least for April and May I will have been in Scotland so regardless of the quality of my shots, I will bloody well enter with an actual HILL. Ha!


I haven't got any of any hills (which seem to win votes...). Im going for something low level, i have just chosen the one. A hint is that it is on my Flickr page :)
User avatar
RicKamila
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby SusieThePensioner » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm just going to give up....doesn't seem any point making up the numbers :lol:
User avatar
SusieThePensioner
 
Posts: 1543
Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Grahams:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   
Joined: Sep 7, 2011
Location: County Durham

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby coachmacca » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:59 pm

SusieThePensioner wrote:I'm just going to give up....doesn't seem any point making up the numbers :lol:


Never give up! :D
User avatar
coachmacca
Stravaiging
 
Posts: 501
Munros:39   Corbetts:6
Grahams:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   
Joined: Jul 8, 2012
Location: Glasgow

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby johnkaysleftleg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 pm

SusieThePensioner wrote:I'm just going to give up....doesn't seem any point making up the numbers :lol:

Your time will come Susie, you've got many pics on your website that would have stood a great chance if the competition was on when you took them. Just a case of right place at the right time. Personally I think my luck is bound to run out eventually :wink:
User avatar
johnkaysleftleg
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3204
Munros:25   Corbetts:10
Grahams:10   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:166
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: County Durham

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby SusieThePensioner » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

coachmacca wrote:Never give up!

I won't but it's good to have a moan at times!! :lol:

johnkaysleftleg wrote: Your time will come Susie, you've got many pics on your website that would have stood a great chance if the competition was on when you took them. Just a case of right place at the right time. Personally I think my luck is bound to run out eventually :wink:

Thank you :D Sometimes, when I work full time and also, have to contend with being disabled, I feel I miss out on some good opportunities..........will have to wait til I retire next year :lol: :lol:
User avatar
SusieThePensioner
 
Posts: 1543
Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Grahams:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   
Joined: Sep 7, 2011
Location: County Durham

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby mrssanta » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 pm

SusieThePensioner wrote:I'm just going to give up....doesn't seem any point making up the numbers :lol:

Don't be daft Susie your pics are great, and it's always good to see some Pennines and so oon!
User avatar
mrssanta
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 3049
Munros:252   Corbetts:11
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:40   Islands:8
Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Location: north yorkshire moors

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby pgrizz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm

SusieThePensioner wrote:I'm just going to give up....doesn't seem any point making up the numbers :lol:

Never give up, remember an English picture won one of the monthly contests: Hadrian's Wall. Not all winners are the "best" photographs i.e. exposure and composition but generally a person's favourite view. Perhaps someone should start a not - Scotland photo competition.
Remember if it was not for us also rans there would be no viable competition.
pgrizz
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 314
Munros:59   Corbetts:15
Grahams:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:143   
Joined: Sep 19, 2009
Location: Teesdale, North Pennines.

PreviousNext



Walkhighlands community forum is advert free


Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?



Return to Photo threads, comps and quizzes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests