walkhighlands

Long-running quiz threads, photo competitions and post-a-photo threads. Please keep them here to keep the General Discussion board tidy.

Photo Competition Comments

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Tinto63 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:15 am

Coachmacca - I don't think you realise just how good your picture is.
User avatar
Tinto63
Wanderer
 
Posts: 848
Munros:129   Corbetts:46
Grahams:38   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:30   
Joined: Jul 20, 2011
Location: West Lothian

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am

Tinto63 wrote:Coachmacca - I don't think you realise just how good your picture is.


I second that!
User avatar
Lenore
Walker
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 am

I think everyones photos are stunning this time around. Going to be hard to choose a top 3 again.
User avatar
RicKamila
Walker
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 am

morag1 wrote:Johnkaysleftleg / Xpfloyd - thanks for your comments guys but I know when I'm beaten, none of my photos even come close to those already entered so i am just going to withdraw :(


Hi morag1! I know there's not much chance us mere mortals would win against some of the stunning photos already uploaded :wink: Still, I keep entering stubbornly anyway, and I don't even have pictures of hills (still 8 weeks till my return to the Highlands...). Not because I think I've got a shot at winning, but because I'm proud of that particular picture and I want to share it.

I for one enjoy this competition so much because the pictures represent something special to those who entered them; they've gone through the trouble of selecting one out of all the pictures they took that month. I love seeing them, and I want to be part of this, regardless of the likelihood of winning. Not saying you need to enter; of course you make up your own mind :wink: But just wanted to point out that there are lotsa good reasons to do so :D
User avatar
Lenore
Walker
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby pgrizz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 am

morag1 wrote:I had a nice photo all ready for this month's comp, but after seeing the entries so far I'm wondering what's the point? I cant possibly compete with Buchaille Etive Mor. Still, I suppose someone has to make up the ground troops :(

If everyone thought like this then no one would enter because they would all think someone else'es picture would beat theirs.
I know I will get few votes because no snow, not sunnset/rise, Scotland or "real" mountains but I still enter as it gives others a view very few on this site will ever see.
Just post your picture!
pgrizz
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 314
Munros:59   Corbetts:15
Grahams:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:196
Wainwrights:143   
Joined: Sep 19, 2009
Location: Teesdale, North Pennines.

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby morag1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Lenore, thanks for your comments - I agree with them entirely and have entered a photo every single month the competition has run, not that I expect to win but because its a bit of fun.

Truth be told Im very much a point and shoot person and just feel embarassed entering my photos only to have them appear alongside some of the stunning shots that we have all been privileged to enjoy.

Ok Ok - I will enter my photo but you will have to wait for a few days as Im up to my eyes in things just now, should get back on line next week sometime.

Please, nobody laugh when you see it :(
morag1
 

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

morag1 wrote:Please, nobody laugh when you see it :(


I wouldn't dare! :wink: Glad you're entering! :D I will, too, but am not sure which one to go for yet.
User avatar
Lenore
Walker
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am

morag1 wrote:Hi Lenore, thanks for your comments - I agree with them entirely and have entered a photo every single month the competition has run, not that I expect to win but because its a bit of fun.

Truth be told Im very much a point and shoot person and just feel embarassed entering my photos only to have them appear alongside some of the stunning shots that we have all been privileged to enjoy.

Ok Ok - I will enter my photo but you will have to wait for a few days as Im up to my eyes in things just now, should get back on line next week sometime.

Please, nobody laugh when you see it :(


:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I bet its better than you think Mo and theres nothing wrong with point and shoot. I used to be that and entered knowing I couldnt win. I still enter with a better camera knowing I can't win :lol:
User avatar
RicKamila
Walker
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Lenore - I love your photo!!
User avatar
RicKamila
Walker
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:26 pm

RicKamila wrote:Lenore - I love your photo!!


:D Thank you Rick!
User avatar
Lenore
Walker
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby xpfloyd » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Johnkay ive said it before and ill say it again, love that seaham shot!
User avatar
xpfloyd
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 519
Munros:94   
Joined: Aug 22, 2010
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Lenore wrote:Stretching the 'outdoor nature' theme a bit here perhaps, as this one's taken from the window of a Boeing 737 on February 17. Location: somewhere over Central Europe, flying west towards the sunset. Height: 10,000 km :wink:


I think you mean 10,000 feet right? :D
User avatar
RicKamila
Walker
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby Lenore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

RicKamila wrote:
Lenore wrote:Stretching the 'outdoor nature' theme a bit here perhaps, as this one's taken from the window of a Boeing 737 on February 17. Location: somewhere over Central Europe, flying west towards the sunset. Height: 10,000 km :wink:


I think you mean 10,000 feet right? :D


Oh oops, meters I mean! 10 km. Otherwise I think I would have been flying to the moon! :D
User avatar
Lenore
Walker
 
Posts: 586
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby RicKamila » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Lenore wrote:
RicKamila wrote:
Lenore wrote:Stretching the 'outdoor nature' theme a bit here perhaps, as this one's taken from the window of a Boeing 737 on February 17. Location: somewhere over Central Europe, flying west towards the sunset. Height: 10,000 km :wink:


I think you mean 10,000 feet right? :D


Oh oops, meters I mean! 10 km. Otherwise I think I would have been flying to the moon! :D


Now that would be a photo!!
User avatar
RicKamila
Walker
 
Posts: 2358
Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:16   
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Photo Competition Comments

Postby coachmacca » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Lenore again its a great shot , for me the image is king , and if it stops you to say wow then enter it whether its a perfectly framed shot of beauty or a instant moment of never to see again!

Thanks folks re mine , The other shots in this comp are always astounding and if Im honest I just like seeing my favourite shot surrounded by all the amazing ones :D

Gonna be another month of amazing pics I see! Bring it on!
User avatar
coachmacca
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 501
Munros:38   Corbetts:6
Grahams:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   
Joined: Jul 8, 2012
Location: Glasgow

PreviousNext



Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?



Return to Photo threads, comps and quizzes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests