Page 168 of 184

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:39 pm
by rockhopper
Don't know the name of the bay but it looks perhaps the wee inlet just below Kylesku at the top of Loch Glencoul ?

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm
by Mal Grey
rockhopper wrote:Don't know the name of the bay but it looks perhaps the wee inlet just below Kylesku at the top of Loch Glencoul ?


Camas na Cuscaig, spot on. I was hoping the angle on Sail Mhor might fool folk for a little bit longer...

You can argue whether its Loch Glencoul or Loch Glendhu at that point, but you're in the right place!

Over to you...

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:22 pm
by rockhopper
Thanks Mal - we went over the ferry quite a few times in the '70s before the bridge was built in the early '80s.

Name of the lochan in the middle left ?

Lochan 20.7.2020.JPG

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 pm
by rockhopper
Clue - south of Fort William

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:40 pm
by HalfManHalfTitanium
rockhopper wrote:Thanks Mal - we went over the ferry quite a few times in the '70s before the bridge was built in the early '80s.

Name of the lochan in the middle left ?

Lochan 20.7.2020.JPG


Lochan na h-Iuraiche, below Stob Coir'an Albannaich?

Tim

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:41 pm
by rockhopper
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:Lochan na h-Iuraiche, below Stob Coir'an Albannaich?
Tim

Correct.
Guess my report posted today was a bit of a giveaway :roll: Over to you :)

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:17 pm
by HalfManHalfTitanium
Thanks rockhopper!

What is this loch?

5467D66C-025A-48EB-A4CD-9C491DABF9CF.jpeg

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:29 pm
by rockhopper
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:Thanks rockhopper!
What is this loch?

At least I waited a wee while before posting the report which contained my last loch photo............ :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:20 am
by HalfManHalfTitanium
rockhopper wrote:
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:Thanks rockhopper!
What is this loch?

At least I waited a wee while before posting the report which contained my last loch photo............ :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:


I think rockhopper has got this one :lol:

Tim

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:15 pm
by rockhopper
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:
rockhopper wrote:
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:I think rockhopper has got this one :lol:
Tim


Thanks but happy to leave it for someone else as I probably won't have much time over the next few days - cheers :)

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:49 pm
by HalfManHalfTitanium
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:I think rockhopper has got this one :lol:
Tim


rockhopper wrote:Thanks but happy to leave it for someone else as I probably won't have much time over the next few days - cheers :)


Another angle on this loch
45327888132_3cadb78830_k.jpg

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:10 pm
by BlackPanther
Loch Creran?

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 pm
by HalfManHalfTitanium
BlackPanther wrote:Loch Creran?


Further east - a fresh water loch

Tim

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:08 pm
by BlackPanther
My second guess is Loch Rannoch.

Re: Name that Loch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 pm
by HalfManHalfTitanium
BlackPanther wrote:My second guess is Loch Rannoch.


Yes indeed - over to you!

Tim