walkhighlands

Long-running quiz threads, photo competitions and post-a-photo threads. Please keep them here to keep the General Discussion board tidy.

Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)


Postby CharlesT » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:55 am

As I noted earlier, it is time for a new thread to continue this quiz, the former having in excess of 380 pp. So here it is. First, a confession, the title always puzzled me as I had never heard of Blockbusters until I looked it up when considering a title for this thread. Having done so I bow to tradition and retain it.

Now, to poser number one of the new era.

Which P may only be encountered naturally in LL and LE?
User avatar
CharlesT
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3753
Munros:156   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:261
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby olip74 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Porpoises may only be encountered naturally in Loch Long and Loch Eil?
olip74
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 34
Munros:80   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:5   
Joined: Sep 20, 2017

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby CharlesT » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm

olip74 wrote:Porpoises may only be encountered naturally in Loch Long and Loch Eil?

Afraid not, but you're thinking along the right lines.
User avatar
CharlesT
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3753
Munros:156   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:261
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby olip74 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:33 pm

Hmm, pearls?
olip74
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 34
Munros:80   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:5   
Joined: Sep 20, 2017

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby CharlesT » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm

olip74 wrote:Hmm, pearls?

No and no clues just yet.
User avatar
CharlesT
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3753
Munros:156   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:261
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby Sgurr » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Pipistrelles can be found at Loch Eildside and Loch Levenside
User avatar
Sgurr
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 4472
Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:139
Wainwrights:160   Islands:58
Joined: Nov 15, 2010
Location: Fife

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:31 pm

CharlesT wrote:As I noted earlier, it is time for a new thread to continue this quiz, the former having in excess of 380 pp. So here it is. First, a confession, the title always puzzled me as I had never heard of Blockbusters until I looked it up when considering a title for this thread. Having done so I bow to tradition and retain it.

Now, to poser number one of the new era.

Which P may only be encountered naturally in LL and LE?


The Powan lives naturally in Loch Lomond and Loch Eck? (It has been introduced to other lochs.)

Tim
User avatar
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1438
Munros:95   Corbetts:10
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:148
Wainwrights:103   
Joined: Mar 11, 2015

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby CharlesT » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 pm

Sgurr wrote:Pipistrelles can be found at Loch Eildside and Loch Levenside

Not pipistrelles, Tim has it, see below.
User avatar
CharlesT
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3753
Munros:156   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:261
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby CharlesT » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:51 pm

HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:
CharlesT wrote:As I noted earlier, it is time for a new thread to continue this quiz, the former having in excess of 380 pp. So here it is. First, a confession, the title always puzzled me as I had never heard of Blockbusters until I looked it up when considering a title for this thread. Having done so I bow to tradition and retain it.

Now, to poser number one of the new era.

Which P may only be encountered naturally in LL and LE?


The Powan lives naturally in Loch Lomond and Loch Eck? (It has been introduced to other lochs.)

Tim

Correct, well done. Your go.
User avatar
CharlesT
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 3753
Munros:156   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:261
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:38 am

Thanks CharlesT!

CP is a well-known dish from D. But no-one has ever tasted it.

Tim
User avatar
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1438
Munros:95   Corbetts:10
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:148
Wainwrights:103   
Joined: Mar 11, 2015

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby Tinto63 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:15 pm

One of these? £56+ online!

18946902_master.jpg
User avatar
Tinto63
Wanderer
 
Posts: 933
Munros:129   Corbetts:46
Grahams:38   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:30   
Joined: Jul 20, 2011
Location: West Lothian

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Tinto63 wrote:One of these? £56+ online!

18946902_master.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1438
Munros:95   Corbetts:10
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:148
Wainwrights:103   
Joined: Mar 11, 2015

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby olip74 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 pm

I suspect Tinto63 has tongue in cheek but the answer is presumably cow pie from Dundee?
olip74
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 34
Munros:80   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:5   
Joined: Sep 20, 2017

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:11 am

olip74 wrote:I suspect Tinto63 has tongue in cheek but the answer is presumably cow pie from Dundee?


Desperately correct!

Tim
User avatar
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1438
Munros:95   Corbetts:10
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:148
Wainwrights:103   
Joined: Mar 11, 2015

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby olip74 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:12 am

Shucks! Should be coo peh?

WT are used at B, B, C, D, E, GE, G, M, O, OP, S, RL, S and T. (I'm just looking for WT.)
olip74
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 34
Munros:80   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:5   
Joined: Sep 20, 2017

Next



Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?



Return to Photo threads, comps and quizzes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: johnkaysleftleg and 2 guests