walkhighlands

Long-running quiz threads, photo competitions and post-a-photo threads. Please keep them here to keep the General Discussion board tidy.

Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Re: Can I have a "P" please Bob - Scotland (2nd edition)

Postby rohan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:35 pm

JM may sound like a quack but he and his team certainly weren't and a mannie frae Fraserburgh was the first of millions to experience their work.
rohan

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:41 pm

rohan wrote:JM may sound like a quack but he and his team certainly weren't and a mannie frae Fraserburgh was the first of millions to experience their work.

Professor John Mallard led the team who developed MRI scanning?

“A man with terminal cancer from Fraserburgh in Aberdeenshire took the bold step of consenting to be the first ever scanned by MRI.”

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby rohan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:57 pm

Thought it would go quick. Over to you, Tim.
rohan

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:28 pm

rohan wrote:Thought it would go quick. Over to you, Tim.

thanks rohan! Yes definitely not a "quack"!

Does someone else want to jump in?

I hoped to have time to do one, but I'm ridiculously busy with work getting stuff done before we go on holiday (in Argyll - can't wait!). And, may not have wifi at the guest house.

So it's better if someone else has a go!

thanks

tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Postby rohan » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:54 am

I'll jump in with one fresh in my mind. Depending how alert people are it may go very quickly

The BG is unique in Scotland.
rohan

Postby rohan » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:45 am

The BG has been mentioned elsewhere on WH very recently.
rohan

Postby rohan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:31 pm

Maybe everyone that usually follows this thread is away out enjoying the hills and I have been too occupied with other stuff to post clues but although other threads in this forum have moved on the BG is still there to be found on one of them. In real life the BG was moved from near LL to E causing it some damage.
rohan

Postby Sgurr » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:37 pm

More or less count me out until August. I am desperately trying to get my house to look as if one could do "gracious living" in it (rather than fight with the 18 sets of bookshelves) before I put it on the market late June early July. There are several streams out ebay, charity shops, daughter and grandkids, scouts (camping and rucksacks), book dealers all of which need a lot of work and I have various walking hols planned. Downsizing from 6 to 2 bedrooms. That is why I have been less active on here.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby rohan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:04 pm

I've been missing your input but understand. I went through the downsizing in storage and living space but upsizing in a different direction, 10 years ago. I reduced my books to 3 bookshelves. Most of the fiction went to a charity bookshop but I kept my hillwalking books and other important (to me) reference books and a few, much read fiction books. Good luck with it all.
rohan

Postby rohan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:20 am

Where is Caberfeidh when you need him...?
rohan

Postby Sgurr » Sun May 08, 2022 2:03 pm

Is E Edinburgh and LL Loch something or other, possibly Leven (so could be somethng to do with Mary Queen of Scots. Just dabbling. I am half way though cleaning 15 bookshelves that are going to auction in a couple of days time.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Postby rohan » Sun May 08, 2022 8:41 pm

Sgurr wrote:Is E Edinburgh and LL Loch something or other, possibly Leven (so could be somethng to do with Mary Queen of Scots. Just dabbling. I am half way though cleaning 15 bookshelves that are going to auction in a couple of days time.

I think I should have been putting up clues but my head has been elsewhere. I don't want to distract you from your task except to say you have have the wrong Loch Leven but the right Edinburgh. You appear to be the only person engaged with this at the moment so it may still be here when the auction is over!
rohan

Postby Sgurr » Sun May 08, 2022 9:17 pm

Do I even have the right word, as in Loch? Maybe everyone has diverted onto quordle.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Postby rohan » Mon May 09, 2022 9:03 am

[quote="Sgurr"]Do I even have the right word, as in Loch? Maybe everyone has diverted onto quordle.[/quote

When I first started with Wordle I also started on other language versions (French and Gaelic) and the number version (nerdle) but what I do like about Wordle is that it only takes a few minutes and wakes my brain up (as far as it can ever wake up!) and that it is for another day.

In summary as it this has been around for a few weeks.

The BG is unique in Scotland. The BG was moved from near Loch Leven to Edinburgh { this element solved by Sgurr}. At the time I set the puzzle, the BG had just been mentioned on another forum on WH. I also mentioned Caberfeidh. Picture clue tomorrow.
rohan

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Mon May 09, 2022 9:42 pm

rohan wrote:
Sgurr wrote:Do I even have the right word, as in Loch? Maybe everyone has diverted onto quordle.[/quote

When I first started with Wordle I also started on other language versions (French and Gaelic) and the number version (nerdle) but what I do like about Wordle is that it only takes a few minutes and wakes my brain up (as far as it can ever wake up!) and that it is for another day.

In summary as it this has been around for a few weeks.

The BG is unique in Scotland. The BG was moved from near Loch Leven to Edinburgh { this element solved by Sgurr}. At the time I set the puzzle, the BG had just been mentioned on another forum on WH. I also mentioned Caberfeidh. Picture clue tomorrow.

Is this the “Ballachulish Goddess” figure which was found in 1880 and dried out too quickly I think, and warped and cracked?

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Photo threads, comps and quizzes