walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

Walk Highland Maps

Walk Highland Maps

Postby lafrances » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi there!
I've done some posting on this site which I discovered and have loved since 2013/4 when i did my first walking trip in Scotland.
I have a question for the admin/owner/grand poobah. I am giving a talk on my Scottish adventures, a big slide show really, and would need to use some maps to provide context to my pictures and talk. I was wondering it would be possible to use the route maps on this site, with the appropriate credit of course.
If not, I understand, and will make some up myself, but i figured it was worth asking.
The event in here in Montreal, on March 6th, if you're in the neighbourhood...we could always put you up (i could kick out a kid or two, they're all grown up)
Cheers, and hope you are having a marvelous winter; we don't need to go to the hills to slog through the snow...just open the door.
Frances
lafrances
Mountaineer

Fionas:3   

Re: Walk Highland Maps

Postby Paul Webster » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am

Hi Frances

I'm afraid we don't own the base maps - we have to pay a license fee every time someone views a page showing them. The copyright belongs to the Ordnance Survey - so you'd need permission from them. Only the line overlays are fully owned by Walkhighlands.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback