walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

Sgurr an Doire Leathain (Kintail)

Sgurr an Doire Leathain (Kintail)

Postby BobMcBob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 pm

The WH description for this summit says "The northeast ridge looks to be a possible alternative route of ascent, though we can find no accounts of it as this Munro is almost invariably traversed along the ridge."

I haven't written a walk report but I can confirm the northeast ridge works as a route as I descended that way yesterday without any trouble at all, except for crossing an appalling bog right near the road :)

Cheers.
BobMcBob
Rambler

Munros:73   Corbetts:18
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:12   

Re: Sgurr an Doire Leathain (Kintail)

Postby Mal Grey » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 pm

BobMcBob wrote:The WH description for this summit says "The northeast ridge looks to be a possible alternative route of ascent, though we can find no accounts of it as this Munro is almost invariably traversed along the ridge."

I haven't written a walk report but I can confirm the northeast ridge works as a route as I descended that way yesterday without any trouble at all, except for crossing an appalling bog right near the road :)

Cheers.

I'm fairly sure that's the way we climbed this one in slushy winter conditions.
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback