walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

GPX List export

GPX List export

Postby dalerodgers » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to export completed/non-completed hill lists is GPX format with co-ords?

I would like to import GPX files into Memory Map and have overlay layers for completed/non-completed lists on top of OS maps. It would aid in route-planning to know what I've not done or whether Corbetts are nearby etc.

I do a bit of software and know bit of the GPX format if you need help.

Regards,
Dale
dalerodgers
Munro compleatist

Munros:230   Corbetts:25
Fionas:1   Donalds:3

Re: GPX List export

Postby Paul Webster » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Dale

It's not a feature anyone has ever requested. Can you version of Memory map import kml files? If so, you can access your coloured Munros in KML format via http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/munros/bagged.kml
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby dalerodgers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Excellent - pretty much exactly what I was after. My version won't take KML but its pretty easy to convert.

Thanks for the pointer,
Dale
dalerodgers
Munro compleatist

Munros:230   Corbetts:25
Fionas:1   Donalds:3

Postby krlblack » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 am

Similar to the request above, is it possible to export a list of completed hills? I'd like to save this is Excel and add dates that I have logged from my paper Munro log. (I could also cross-reference this with friends' lists, to see hills in common that haven't been completed).

From looking at the KML file in a text editor, it looks like they are marked by style as "blue" or "red", but no easy way to get that into an Excel list. Using a KML to CSV converted drops the style. Thanks!
krlblack

Munros:79   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback