walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

Master map

Master map

Postby algorhythm » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Is it possible to add a layer selector to the interactive map so that we can toggle hill types on e.g. display Munros and Corbetts on the same map but have the Grahams and under hidden?

It would make it really helpful when planning walks to see if there are nearby hills of a different category that I could fit into the walk as currenly I need to switch between the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams and sub 2000s interactive maps to see the hill marker locations.

The JavaScript Leaflet library your using supports this functionality really well. I've developed my own maps (not for hills though) using Leafet before so if you need any help implementing it I'd be happy to, just drop me a message.
algorhythm
Munro compleatist

Munros:30   Corbetts:37
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:13

Re: Master map

Postby nigheandonn » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:40 pm

There's a map which shows all the hills, if you haven't found it - you have to look in the drop down list from your name at the top left, rather than in the lists of hills under Bagging.

(For 'everything except silly little Marilyns' I have to look elsewhere, though.)
nigheandonn
Wanderer

Munros:19   Corbetts:9
Fionas:7   Donalds:26+10
Sub 2000:64   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:214   Islands:34

Re: Master map

Postby algorhythm » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Ah nice one thanks I never knew that map existed! Would be good to have access to it through the bagging dropdown as it seems quite hidden away under the username, but yeah that's pretty much what I was looking for.

It does look quite congested though, and difficult to tell the hill types appart. Perhaps a different marker shape depending on the type of hill would be helpful as well as an option to toggle the different types of hill as visible or hidden, and if you've bagged it or not would be super helpful.
algorhythm
Munro compleatist

Munros:30   Corbetts:37
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:13

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback