walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

Long distance walk section

Long distance walk section

Postby Scottk » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 am

There have been a spate of short walks appearing in this section. Would it be possible to move them to the correct section. I enjoy reading the long distance reports but it is annoying when you click in and it’s an 8km or 1/2 day saunter.
I realise they are being posted there by people who either don’t understand or don’t read the forum header and looking at them and moving the inappropriate posts is a pest and takes time but it would be appreciated by myself!
Thanks, Scott
Scottk
Scrambler

Munros:31   

Re: Long distance walk section

Postby gaffr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:23 am

There does seem to be a number of Posts in the wrong Forum section here. :)
Also many of the European and beyond Multi day trips including the GR's are Posted in the England and Wales or Outside Scotland section where maybe you would find some inspiration for your long distance trips. :)
But I guess you can reach anything by using the Search Forums button.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Re: Long distance walk section

Postby nigheandonn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:40 am

If things are genuinely in the wrong place you could report them, as for English posts in the Scottish forum.

But I think that individual sections of longer trails are in the right place - it says 'multi-day long distance *routes*', not multi-day walks, so as long as you're walking the route, I can't see that the days have to be consecutive.

It's a tagging issue, partly - if you put it under Scotland you can only tag it with the walk description which covers one specific section, and if you split things up differently, or covered two sections in one day, you can't tag it at all. To tag it just with the trail name, so that it shows up on the trail's page, you have to post to the Long distance routes forum - but it's then available to people researching that route, which is a good thing.
nigheandonn
Wanderer

Munros:19   Corbetts:9
Fionas:7   Donalds:26+10
Sub 2000:64   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:214   Islands:34

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback