walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

My username no longer works

My username no longer works

Postby fairygirl » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am

I haven't been on the site for a while as I've had to replace my laptop. When I tried to log in earlier it wouldn't allow me to use my normal name - katy hills, stating that it wasn't my username.
I thought it was just a glitch, and perhaps I'd spelled something incorrectly, or similar, so I requested a reminder. This said my username is fairygirl, which I use for another forum. Thought it was a bit odd, but I posted, and when checking, my posts show as fairygirl, and I see you can't change your username once you've registered. I assume I've originally used that name to register, but must have changed it early on when I started posting, so I'm not sure how it's happened.

Hope I've explained this clearly enough, but I now have no record of my posts etc on the site, and wonder how this can be resolved.
fairygirl
Walker

Re: My username no longer works

Postby nigheandonn » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:32 am

There's a katyhills without a space - is that you? https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/blogs/katyhills

But there is also a fairygirl account, which was made a few months earlier, but only has three posts.

The reminder will show you the username is associated with the email address you put in - could you have used a different address when you signed up the second time? Or maybe you've managed to make two names connected to one address, and it's got confused!

You can search for usernames at https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=searchuser, including parts of names (I searched for anything starting with 'katy')
nigheandonn
Wanderer

Munros:19   Corbetts:9
Fionas:7   Donalds:26+10
Sub 2000:64   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:214   Islands:34

Postby katyhills » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:38 pm

[quote="nigheandonn"]There's a katyhills without a space - is that you? https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/blogs/katyhills

But there is also a fairygirl account, which was made a few months earlier, but only has three posts.

I've found the problem - thanks @nigheandonn. When I started to type my username, it was bringing it up with the space. I've signed in this time without it. I presume I initially registered as fairygirl, but I've never changed my email, so not sure what's happened.

Thanks for the help - I can now resume as normal.
Or as near normal as I can get :wink:
katyhills
Walker

Munros:120   Corbetts:28
Fionas:7   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:3   

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 pm

There can be only one account per email address. So you have registered the second account with a different email - you'd only get the reminder of the username sent to the registered email address.

If you no longer have access to the email address you have registered, that needs to be sorted out as otherwise you'll lose your account if you forget the password (new passwords can only be sent to the registered email address for that account).

You can change your email address in your account settings if needed.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback