walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

" My, we admire you're tenacity "

" My, we admire you're tenacity "

Postby Coop » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Mhic Chasgaig

Date walked: 23/09/2020

Time taken: 4.85 hours

Distance: 10.12 km

Ascent: 752m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Time to head Glen Etive way and one of the 2 Corbett's still in there to do.
Beinn Mhic Chasgaig it was today. Early rise and parked up beside the bridge in the wee layby and off I went.
20200923_125432.jpg
The 1st obstacle to contend with as its a muddy hole round it

Bit of a chill in the air to start with down to the stream crossing. Had a look at the bridge for a millisecond and decided against it.
20200923_084507.jpg

Slowly picked a route across using the poles and almost made it. Alas one foot got wet. It made no odds as it was a wet boggy path all the way to where I crossed above the waterfalls
20200923_093859.jpg

Headed up for the bealach never intending to make a direct frontal assault, it just happened. A wee bit further, a wee bit further I was telling myself and before I knew it, the "unremitting steep slope" was at an end and I could walk upright
And soon enough the cairn comes into view and the view's with it
20200923_104652.jpg

A couple for the climbers - no me
20200923_104846.jpg

zoomed - Crowberry tower I believe
20200923_104852.jpg

A few more pics,
20200923_105150.jpg
Starav I believe in the background

20200923_111152.jpg
An Griananin the foreground. I've still to go up Stob Dubh - the Corbett

a bit to eat and drink, mooch about a bit on top, and head off towards the big stone gulley/ stream which I passed by on the way to the waterfalls. Stayed left of this and headed down to the stream and crossed no problem
Back along the same path now only this time I decided " I'm going for the bridge- bridge I said to myself, its more like a lollipop stick over a deep chasm. The pic on WH is kinda out of date as theres no stanchions securing it really and the wire rope handrail is kinda useless, - its there but hanging down over the side and no use
3 or 4 steps I went and decided this is too dodgy,- so it was on the hands and knees and crawl across. Its one if those things on the hills you just have to do I suppose. (Some may say, "yeah if you're mad :D )
20200923_123151.jpg
Not for the faint hearted

Up on the other side and along a wee bit and there's 4 estate type looking people with wellies on discussing estate type things I suppose. The boss/ laird said to me.
"We watched you heading for the " bridge" . We all admired yoyr tenacity on getting across". They didn't see me on all 4's but I explained it to him and we had a chuckle. He explained that it was on His maintenence man's list of things to look at. Not to widen but make it more secure - we'll see.

Great day, great views, great Corbett, full of variety

Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland