walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

pentland hills

pentland hills

Postby The Summiteer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Route description: Glencorse View and Castlelaw, Flotterstone

Date walked: 18/02/2011

Time taken: 2 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well done Morag!

I may 'bump' into you on your travels, as the Pentlands are my local hills. (Penicuik) I'm going out for a walk on Sat. 26th February. Doing Turnhouse & Carnethy with a few of the 'Summiteers'. Fingers crossed the weather is decent. :)

Regards.............
The Summiteer
Mountaineer

Munros:99   Corbetts:12
Fionas:9   Donalds:8

Re: pentland hills

Postby morag1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks, hope you enjoy your walk with the summiteers. would love to hear how your day goes.

the pentlands are my favourite place, they are just magical and i cant get out there often enough. i had to stop going to Flotterstone Dell as it is so busy, and now i walk from the ski slope instead.

morag
morag1

Re: pentland hills

Postby Arte Et Labore » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:53 pm

I've been getting out more in the Pentlands recently. I love them as they're only half an hour from home. A lot of the paths are pretty muddy just now, I'm looking forward to some hopefully drier weather which should make things a bit easier going.
Arte Et Labore
Ambler

Munros:2   
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland