walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Scotland Outing 1

Scotland Outing 1

Postby Molly I » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Conic Hill

Date walked: 11/10/2020

Distance: 5 km

Ascent: 350m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Weather fair with slight NW winds.
Quick exploration of out the city, joining the conveyor belt of toddler trailers and flip-flop walkers up the short steep hill revelling in the stunning views of Lock Lomond. I enjoyed the bustle of people, especially the one child complaining about the person (her shadow) following her :lol:

It was quite noisy on top of the lower west peak so I wandered over the next hump, down the boggy dip and up to the true Conic Hill peak, and found myself alone there! It was around 4pm so little birds were darting up here and there from the ground.

On the descent decided to follow the Druim nam Buraich ridge line which I am so glad I did! Was very boggy but brilliant views all around and required a little more focus on path finding.

Thoughts for next walk
- consider bringing a litter picker and rubbish bag
- find out a bit about identifying birds
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Molly I

Munros:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland