walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A rewarding slog

A rewarding slog

Postby MMMartin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:51 am

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 14/10/2020

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Having done this walk at least twice before it’s amazing how you can forget how challenging it is for a moderately fit 50 something. The weather didn’t help as it was pretty blustery on the way up ... but on we trudged. This is my only Munro so I can only assume that you think you are never reaching the top on all of them ! It is a bit of a slog towards the end , but I have to admit, worth the effort.
We reached the top to zero views -literally head in the clouds , but hey ho , it’s Scotland in October. We sat down for our well earned picnic and hey presto, the clouds cleared and the reward for all that effort was there for all to see .
Coming down is easier ( stating the obvious ?!?) but I did begin to think someone had moved the car park as my tired legs just needed a rest .
Home to a hot bath , slow cooked curry and a glass of wine - a pretty good day in my book .
MMMartin
Stravaiging

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland