walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

What is your profession!

What is your profession!

Postby FellRanger84 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:33 pm

Date walked: 18/10/2020

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I feel like everyone I meet on the hills is a tourist, a one day fair weather day hiker with a family and a mortgage who watches television.

Civilians, who will be home by tea time. People without voice or limb. A people who use the mountains as a weekend retreat, a place to escape the BS they have created for themselves.

I recall a mountaineer who said he wanted to climb the Munro's because he wanted better things to do... I say, climbing the mountains is THAT better thing. Because nothing else you do will be better, even if others tell you otherwise. The ordinary world of civilization is a figment, an illusion... Only the mountains and your hardship to attain them holds any significance. Everybody and everything else is an illusion.

Do not be distracted by such things as family and friends.
Hold on to your believe and have faith in your vision.

And don't be afraid to fail. 👍
FellRanger84
Ambler

Munros:161   Corbetts:85
Fionas:89   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:150   Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:196   

Re: What is your profession!

Postby widdershins » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 pm

speak for yourself, I personally don't have a family or mortgage, or even a tv. I live in the woods in a hut made of human bones and survive exclusively on the tears of those who mansplain the outdoors to me
widdershins
Wanderer

Munros:13   Corbetts:2
Fionas:4   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:30

Postby jester » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:12 pm

So much garbage in such a small post... :shock:

FellRanger84 wrote:I feel like everyone I meet on the hills is a tourist, a one day fair weather day hiker with a family and a mortgage who watches television.

Civilians, who will be home by tea time. People without voice or limb. A people who use the mountains as a weekend retreat, a place to escape the BS they have created for themselves.

I recall a mountaineer who said he wanted to climb the Munro's because he wanted better things to do... I say, climbing the mountains is THAT better thing. Because nothing else you do will be better, even if others tell you otherwise. The ordinary world of civilization is a figment, an illusion... Only the mountains and your hardship to attain them holds any significance. Everybody and everything else is an illusion.

Do not be distracted by such things as family and friends.
Hold on to your believe and have faith in your vision.

And don't be afraid to fail. 👍
jester
Mountain Walker

Munros:128   Corbetts:13
Fionas:7   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:9   

Postby Fife Flyer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:12 pm

What part of your post is a walk report?
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland