walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Largo Law take 2

Largo Law take 2

Postby Fife Flyer » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Largo Law

Date walked: 06/11/2020

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 3.2 km

Ascent: 230m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Lockdown is in full swing - loosely speaking, we are limited travelling wise. Fife is classed as in tier 2, whereas the central belt (including Edinburgh) is in a stricter tier 3. Which simply speaking we can't meet up with Parminder and are restricted to staying in Fife ish.
I was in touch with George and as Friday looked like being a decent day weather wise I suggested we head to the far east of Fife and tackle Largo Law. We had been saving that for a bus journey but that wouldn't be wise at the moment with social distancing and all that.
We agreed to meet at Halbeath Park & Ride at 9am and then stop for a coffee on the way. George suggested Wallsgreen golf course/driving range, but that doesn't open till 9.30am so it was a slow drive east.
Coffee was excellent (thanks George) and the cafe seemed to be a regular meeting place for pensioners, so we didn't feel out of place.
The small car park by the cemetery was empty when we arrived and when we got out of our cars George realised he had forgotten his walking poles. We had agreed to travel light - which means no rucksack, just camera/phones.

The blurb, I was also showing that I brought my poles

The way ahead

Primary school

Largo Law, summit is hidden behind

The way ahead before the serious going up starts

Looking back

Looks easy from here

Low level shot looking over the Forth to the oil rigs

Looking back down to the way we came

Looking west kind of shows the steepness

Looking towards Elie and Shell Bay

Our first sight of the summit, bit of descending then ascending before we get there

Especially for our "trig collector"

George attempting to do the Parminder pose

Another wee top we would wander over to

Arty shot to the sheep

Video on the summit, not a breath of wind

Looking west from the dip between the lumps

Sheep who didn't want to move

Shell Bay

Sun reflection

Small holiday pods/homes

East and west Lomond almost merged into one

Lomonds again, sun burning off the cloud

SW across the Forth

Zoomed

My new pad

This was a fabulous morning out, the weather was perfect and it was so mild the midges made an appearance on the walk back to the cars - they were obviously expecting Parminder to feed on. I have to mention the emerging speed bumps in Lundin Links - deep joy, how to make motorists even more impatient .
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland