walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hitting My Target with the Glas Maol Circuit

Hitting My Target with the Glas Maol Circuit

Postby Coutts94 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Route description: Glas Maol Munros circuit, Cairnwell Pass

Munros included on this walk: Cairn of Claise, Càrn an Tuirc, Creag Leacach, Glas Maol

Date walked: 26/11/2020

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 20 km

Ascent: 900m

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

So today was the day - I am a relatively new Munro Bagger and had set a target of 40 Munro's as a New Years Resolution in 2019. I dont know why the number 40 came to my head, maybe I thought it was an achievable target - or maybe just random!

So I tried my first Munro in March - Ben Wyvis. This is where the bug started, I just got going then lockdown happened.

Since then, I managed to pick off what I could, trying to make the best of the clear forecast days! Rare in Scotland :lol:
I parked at the usual spot - Glenshee Ski Center, then made the walk down the road, this meant less road walking at the end of the day and I would definitely recommend it! Would be handy to go as a pair and use two cars though!

But anyway - here is the Glas Maol Circuit, where I hit my target of 40 Munro's, and little Lexi got her 12th of the year :D

I document each and every Munro, so at the end of my journey I will have a video of every summit visited :D
Subscribe to my little channel if you would like to keep up to date with my progress - or just enjoy watching Lexi pull my arm off!
Coutts94
Mountain Walker

Munros:239   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland