walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Nevis - A video report

Ben Nevis - A video report

Postby When Adventure Knox » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:32 am

Route description: Ben Nevis by the Mountain Path

Munros included on this walk: Ben Nevis

Date walked: 26/07/2020

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 17 km

Ascent: 1352m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This video starts with a mystery hike in Glen Coe. Terrible of us, I know, but we could see a trail with people on it that led to some spectacular looking waterfalls which we got very excited about so off we went. It wasn't the walk we had planned and did the wrong one, which still to this day, I don't know what the name of the walk is that we actually did.

If you are after Ben Nevis, fast forward to 8.15 and it runs until the end of the video.

I hope you enjoy the video report.
When Adventure Knox
Walker

Re: Ben Nevis - A video report

Postby JimboJim » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:36 am

Enjoyed that. Well done. Hope, you enjoyed it too. Nice to hear your bit of history about Glencoe too, sad as it is. Alas, it was not unique, as you may know. There were other glens and townships where similar acts, if not so notorious, were perpetrated.
Look forward to viewing more.
Jimmy
P. S. I think you may have headed up to Coire nan Lochain, rather than the Lost Valley? A tough hike! :D
Last edited by JimboJim on Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimboJim
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:55
Fionas:15   
Sub 2000:23   
Islands:22
Walk wish-list

Postby jmarkb » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:55 am

Yes, that's definitely the Coire nan Lochan path you were on! The Lost Valley is the next corrie to the left - and the path is less obvious from the car park.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby When Adventure Knox » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Ah, thank you both for solving the mystery!! I'll be sure to edit the description on my YouTube video to include 'Coire nan Lochan'. JimboJim, thank you especially for your kind comments about the video! :D
When Adventure Knox
Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland