walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Waking above the clouds on a Sail Mor Summit Camp

Waking above the clouds on a Sail Mor Summit Camp

Postby wilkiemurray » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:52 pm

Route description: Sail Mhòr, from Ardessie

Corbetts included on this walk: Sail Mhòr

Date walked: 15/08/2020

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A fine adventure in the north west highlands late in the summer. The forecast was looking good but as I walked in past the waterfalls things didn't look too promising! How wrong I was! As I started ascending up the steep last slopes of Sail Mor I started to rise above the clouds to a lovely day with blue skies above and clouds below - the sunset and sunrise were ones I wont forget too soon... Video shows it better than I could describe in words...

Some photos:

wilkiemurray

Re: Waking above the clouds on a Sail Mor Summit Camp

Postby R1ggered » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:09 pm

Brilliant. Great video its the next best thing if you can't get out on the hills.Great viewing. :clap: :clap:
R1ggered
Mountain Walker

Munros:175   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland