walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Grange fell

Grange fell

Postby SamMiller89 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Grange Fell

Date walked: 20/01/2021

Time taken: 1.24 hours

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

So recently moving to Lockerbie i wanted to tick of a few subs closer to home as being from dumbarton these where out of reach. Now leaving the house at 13.45 to get there for 14.00 so me and my 8 year old son decided to walk this as it was a horrible day very wet but good cloths stop that.

I followed the other walk reports in regards of there route and where to park just past the entrance to the field there are some trees to park under. Then a quick walk back to the field and make your way up the clear path that zig zags up the hill.

Now this is where it went a little wrong I tolled the other walk report but where they went through the forest it was impossible to get through now as it was so dense so we double back and found a small opening to crawl through snd this was the start of the maze. Which took about 20mins to get through due to the Marsh we where going through.
]
We reached the summit if you can call it that where there is a trig point.
20210120_145717.jpg

We didn't hang around as it was about 15.00 by this point so darkness would be on us soon. O found a better path out of the forest which leads you down to a wall that you can follow back to the field, funnily enough I wanted to go this way on the way up but thought due to the low clouds it would be best to follow the maps.

Any way we made it back snd had a good laugh doing this. There not all as easy as this but its great to have them every now and again.

When we come back and do this again I would follow my way back instead of the way we took in and it would of been under an hour to walk this.

Following New Route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

SamMiller89
Munro compleatist

Munros:2   
Sub 2000:15   
Islands:2

Re: Grange fell

Postby desmondo1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:44 pm

Good fun with your son scrambling through the trees. Bet he enjoyed it more than a straightforward track. One for him to remember even if it was just a small one lol,
desmondo1
Hill Bagger

Munros:107   Corbetts:100
Fionas:95   Donalds:89+38
Sub 2000:161   Hewitts:1
Islands:16

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland