walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

History repeats

History repeats

Postby Coop » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Beinn Lochain

Date walked: 03/03/2021

Time taken: 4.1 hours

Distance: 13.04 km

Ascent: 750m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

According to the weather forecasts , a cloud inversion could be on the cards today.
No inversions- just cloud for me. Ah well, soneibe up north on a bugger hill will probably be luckier
Parjed at Letterman and headed off on the same route for beinn Bheula and the waterfall.
And I didn't turn left again just after the bridge as I should have. Made no odds really as I boulder hopped across just at the base of the waterfall and then made my way to the path.
20210303_093009.jpg
A wee look back to Loch Goil

20210303_095537.jpg
Nice waterfall

From the top of the waterfall its a case of following the stream to the Lochan and this aid to crossing
20210303_101903.jpg

Once across I followed the path beside the lichan and through a gate to this sign.
20210303_102933.jpg

Went about another hundred metres or so ho one if the feeder streams and started heading ip steeply into the mist.
Probably not the best route to take in these conditions. Quite a few crags and steep bits yo navigate through. I wasn't coming back down this way for sure . Negotiated a final slabby crag and able to stand and walk upright onto the wide plateau/ridgeline and along to the wee cairn.
20210303_114151.jpg

Nothing to see see today so if was time to get back down. Went back along the " ridgeline " for about 800 m trying not to cut down too early.
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland