walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Corrie of Balglass

Corrie of Balglass

Postby Stripey Hat Guy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Date walked: 04/03/2021

Time taken: 3.2 hours

Distance: 14 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The last tour from Fintry to Earl's Seat brought me the first time to the corrie of Balglass and I was immediately hooked - I really wanted to go down and wanted to try to get the corrie near the waterfall up.

Yesterday was the day! I parked the car near the bridge on the B818 and walked then up. Walking from here roughly 300m west and then left always on the street, later on a gravel street and finally passing the Balglass (?) Farm before I went left up into the fields always following an ATV path up into the corrie.

Once I reached a view to the waterfall I just crossed the bog (here starts the video) heading more or less to the waterfall. From the waterfall finding the right route wasn't as straight forward as it could be as the fog/low cloud advanced.

Anyway only the last bit, next to the edge to the waterfall was steep and kind of wet and I was pretty happy when I reached the top of waterfall (end of video) before I headed to Dunmore, Fintry and back on the street to the car.

For those who are interested I also made a video:
Stripey Hat Guy

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland